Saturday, April 4, 2009

TastyLinks Saturday!

Illustration Copyright Enoch Bolles


It’s time once again for the Linky Love to be spread across the blogosphere! Here’s this week’s sampling of TastyLinks™: All the best blogs wrapped up in one!

I had a very auspicious day yesterday. I got a YuDu
http://www.whatdoyudu.com/ machine delivered to my front porch that I’m really looking forward to breaking out, so look for a YuDu/The Impatient Crafter™ video soon!

I spent the better part of the day yesterday playing virtual hooky with viral marketing guru Peter Shankman
http://shankman.com/. He was giving away a boat load of amazing prizes via Twitter. I had a snowflake choker to sell a while back on QVC and did some snowflake research to romance the design. When he asked about stellar dendrites, I knew immediately that they were a kind of snowflake. I won an oscillating drill kit from Dremel! Now I can drill on the go! Woo hoo! Thanks Peter and Meaghan!

The icing on the cake was a huge rainbow in our little valley and watching the incredibly inspirational film Slumdog Millionaire. I’m totally inspired to do some Indian inspired designs; I’m a huge fan of the vibrant colors and the intricate patterns in Indian fabrics.

Life is large.

I’ve been dreaming up some crafty excursions with Madge. The cruise with my celebrity co-host is being ironed out here and hopefully we can announce the details very soon! I’m also working on a NYC trip and exploring some more exotic locales for future adventures. I’ll keep you posted!

The winner of the Rings ‘n Things prize pack is
Knit Purl Girl Susan! Email me at theimpatientcrafter@gmail.com for your prize! Congrats!

Thanks to Kcrystina Stephan for
the interview she posted on her blog this week. She asked some very interesting questions, go see!

My interview with Alison Lee hasn’t gone live yet. I’ll let you know when it goes up. I may have a couple of podcasts to share this week; we’ll see how it goes!

If you own my new book Beyond the Bead and you've enjoyed it, please consider writing a review for me on Amazon. It really helps to have positive online feedback! I’d deeply appreciate it.

Without further ado, here are the Crafty Bloggers:

Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery See how to make "For the Love of Flaming Hot Coffee Cozy"- Inspired by the Crafty Chica's Guide to Artful Sewing

Naughty Secretary Club Every Thursday in April Jen is revamping a project from her book The Naughty Secretary Club: The Working Girls Guide to Handmade Jewelry. First up fabric scrap and tape roll bangle bracelets.

Cross Stitch at About.com Childhood memories influence the name of Connie's new free pattern. It is a Dilly of a chart.

CraftyPod Sister Diane reviews the new Heather Ross book, Weekend Sewing.

Crafty Princess Diaries 2 Fun New Jewelry Projects, Glue, and You - Tammy has two new jewelry projects that involve a little glue and a lot of fun.
Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world This week at Craftside there is an inside peek into the new book Sculpting Mythical Creatures with some Easter Bunnies thrown in for the season, a Mother of the Bride box project, a photo standup Easter Eggs decoration and an interview with Quilt Artist Robbi Joy Eklow author of Goddess of the Last Minute.

Cathie Filian Cathie Filian has a step-by-step guide for making boutonnieres - perfect for wedding and prom season and a super $$ saver.

Blisstree We're crazy about books, and we've got lots of information to share!

Alexa Westerfield a.k.a. Swelldesigner Alexa shares how to make glam graffiti earrings out of gift cards!

Aileen's Musings Aileen's getting in the Easter spirit with her quicky Easter card project.

About Family Crafts Not only is recycling good for the environment, it can help save you money, and, with the projects I have gathered, you can find out how to recycle creatively!

The Impatient Crafter Check out this fab free mixed media collage jewelry project Madge created for Beadalon.

No comments:

Post a Comment