Saturday, April 11, 2009

TastyLinks Saturday!



TastyLinks™ are all the good blogs, all the good blogs wrapped up in one!

It’s a gloomy, cold, rainy Saturday here in our little valley. I’ve got a mixed media project for a manufacturer that needs finishing and we’re considering a The Impatient Crafter™ video shoot...it’s been forever! I have to design the project still...and figure out how to use the machine...and hope I don’t have any craftastrophic mishaps...which I probably will because I am The Impatient Crafter™ after all! So we’ll see how that goes!

Two exciting things to share here today! Firstly I’m working on an NYC The Impatient Crafter™ Beads in the City trip for August 13-17th. Join me in Manhattan where I’ll show you my top secret bead, findings and trim sources and we’ll dig through boxes of vintage goodies and rows upon rows of strands for treasures. We’ll hit a Broadway show and maybe even get backstage (I’m hoping for Wicked), take a trip to Pearl River Trading Company and Chinatown and do some NYC site seeing. Plus we’ll have an evening of bead swapping and designing together at the hotel located in Times Square! Sound like fun? I’ll have the details and url for the website where you can sign up soon. Save up your pennies, this is the mother lode of beady and crafty goodness my friends!

Our crafty cruise is coming together for Fall 2010. I should have the details for you very soon. At that point I’ll announce the dates, location and my top secret crafty celebrity co-host! We are both so excited and I think it’s going to be an amazing trip for everyone involved.

Linky Love shout out to Aaron Cohen who gathered 155
links about Peeps on his blog! If you need the 411 on Peeps, he’s got it! I’m still working on that Peeps edible bouquet, I think it’s going to happen. I’ll snap a pic and post it here.

Thanks to anyone who Linky Loved me this week! If you did, and I’ve neglected to Linky Love you back just email me at
theimpatientcrafter@gmail.com and I’ll get you in next week. Sometimes my brain has so much rolling around inside it just kicks random files out. Do forgive!

Happy Easter...or as we like to say around here Bappy Beaster! Don’t ask.

Here is today’s linky sampling from the Crafty Bloggers gang:

Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery Martha Stewart's New Encyclopedia of Crafts is my muse this week to create a hoppin' cute Easter Card

Naughty Secretary Club This week Jen explores using fabric to make jewelry.

CraftyPod Sister Diane offers lots of creative ways to use Sharpie Paint Markers.

Crafty Princess Diaries ArtFire Crafty Princess Shop is Live! Tammy is kicking the tires, testing the waters, and basically, trying to figure out what the deal is over at Artfire.com.

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world Craftside's got mixed-media art from Lisa Engelbrecht and an ATC by it, a free Amigurumi knit antler pattern, a couple of Art Nouveau jewelry designs with a how-to on making a wire ball bead and some pretty greeting cards with a tutorial on an Easter card made with stiffened fabric die cuts.

Cathie Filian Cathie Filian is having a spring fling with 11 different spring projects.

Blisstree Arts Unexpected results abound when you use this easy method to create background papers for your work.

Alexa Westerfield a.k.a. Swelldesigner Swelldesigner shows you how to make rainbow tie-dye rosettes!

Aileen's Musings Aileen's offering freebie Spring images for you to download and use in your art. Happy Spring!

About Family Crafts Find a wide variety of egg related projects! Everything from creative Easter egg coloring to cute egg crafts

The Impatient Crafter Madge shares her three pronged approach to success and a link to her CraftCast interview with Alison Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment