Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Front Gardens...







This past weekend, I spent cleaning out the front


gardens. I am SO in love with the snapdragons,


and the geraniums look beautiful. I love


the smell of the petunias. You can also see that


I have a love for frogs.
 








This is the other side to my garden. The cardinal my


Momma and Daddy bought for me about 25 or so


years ago. When they went on vacation to the lake,


I would take care of their yard, so they would bring


me back a treat for my garden. He is quite worn,


but still in one piece, and I love him. I painted him


a couple of years ago, but he may need a new


coat again. He loves seeing his reflection in the


gazing ball.








I have 2 pots on either side of the birdbath.
I have a little 
fairy that resides in each one.
Aren't they just 
the sweetest thing ever?
They came on a long rod, and I just didn't


like the look of that, So I took them off
and sat them down in my pots. Much better.


I think it looks magical.










This is my hummingbird bird bath. It is very


shallow and she loves to come here. I


bought this little frog years ago, and he


resides in the center. He doesn't bother


my hummer, and she doesn't bother him.


Love this laugh of his.










The wind caught my new flag and it is blowing


in the breeze. Just had to share. As you can


see I have pots upon pots of petunias. I stopped


planting in the ground, by the house, as the
neighborhood cats won't stay out of the gardens,
so I plant in pots now. They don't dig in the pots.










Next to my gate in the front yard,


I have my old oak chair. I set a pot


of flowers in it to welcome my guests.


I also put a little solar light in there.


It is SO pretty at night as it lights up 


the flowers.








Inside the gate, in our courtyard area,


I have this little pot of fern and foliage,


and my angel has found a home 


amongst the greenery. She is SO playful.






And for the front door now, I have a new sign.


I love my Boston, and a house truly is NOT


a home without a Boston Terrier. He rules


the HOUSE. My little Handsome Bruiser.










As always,
thank you for stopping by,


my little piece of heaven,


here in the desert,
that I so love 
to call home.


Country hugs and much love,


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment