Monday, April 11, 2011

Pretty Studios and Intuitive Design

Controlled Chaos Copyright 2011 Margot Potter for Jewel School

The unpacking marches on. I have started on the daunting task of setting up the studio. For the first time, I'm hoping it's kind of pretty. You know like the fabulous studios you see on people's blogs and websites and think...how the heck can they create chaos in such order? I'm a believer in the power of chaos to fuel creativity. Order and rigidity make for great technique, but not for great art. Great art requires the willingness to get your hands dirty and make glorious messes. I believe one can do both, be technically adept and creatively brilliant. That's the ticket for sure!

I bet those pretty studio people can do both.

I will be one of those pretty studio people, dang it. I will! As you are my witness.

There is already one impediment to the plan. There is a large and rather unfortunate raw wood panel in the wall for access to the water main. Why they felt compelled to make it so large and so unfortunate is beyond me. I'm trying to figure out what I can put on top of it so it's not so horrid. Perhaps a mixed media collage...staying in my vintage French lilac, black and white theme. Maybe I'll just paint it white and add some black scrolling trim so it's like a little cartoon picture frame...

Hmmm...

Above please find a bracelet I created recently for Jewelry Television's Jewel School! I have been playing with wire for years. Recently I've been playing with wire doodling and intuitive design. This is very freeing and relaxing. It allows you to stop worrying about perfection and instead to let the wire and beads guide you. Follow this link for directions.

Until next time...craft on with your bad selves!

Cheers,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment