Monday, March 30, 2009

Craft an Interesting Life

If I weren't a craft maven, I'd be singing and acting. I put that on hold so I could be a Mom. I didn't want to be away at night rehearsing and performing and miss out on watching my daughter bloom. I'm so very glad that I did, because being a parent is by far the best thing I've ever done. I have absolutely no regrets. This is a segment from the Cabaret show I started when my daughter was a baby. I plan to get back to this...in fact...there's something simmering on the back burner right now!

If you knew all of the kooky schemes I've cooked up since I've been married. All of the times my family has stood behind me while I tried to make impossible dreams real! It's rather funny when we look back on it all. I have more than dyed red hair in common with Lucy McGillicutty. Vocal competitions, endless auditions, call backs, crazy job interviews, a very unfortunate evening at the Mellon Jazz Festival, product lines that almost happened and fell apart, TV hosting job short lists...the hours of home crafted audition tapes alone are hilarious. I have a penchant for attempting the impossible. Sometimes it works out for me...and sometimes not...but at least it's never boring. I'm not just here to show you how to make crafts, I'm here to show you how to craft your life. Craft an interesting one, it'll give you something to smile about when you're old

It's never too late to become the person you were meant to be. Ever. If anyone tries to tell you differently, that's merely because they've given up on their dreams. Never give up.

xoxo,
Madge


No comments:

Post a Comment