Saturday, March 28, 2009

FRIENDS,MY STRENGTH!

FRIENDS ARE FOR EVER!




It was a pleasant evening.i was sipping my tea sitting in the balcony.after putting an end to all the 'must finish'work before the financial year,i was relaxing!since days i had stopped enjoying the beautiful evenings at the seaside.the last call of the birds before sunset,the waves kissing the shore,the reflection of lights in the
water,the illuminated donapaula at the other end fill my mind with the positive thoughts.it makes me count on if not hundreds,tens of reasons to give a smile.

when kishen came down for a short visit,he took time to sit in the balcony and enjoy nature.i joined him and shared the small but the real happenings of life.years before,when nanda came here,she was convincing me not to miss to listen to the sound of waves.''anu,you are lucky.you don't have to go to a beach.just take time to enjoy this beautiful nature,the sea shore from your balcony.spend atleast ten minutes daily,to listen to the music of waves.''and i must tell you,nanda,whenever i did,i was at peace feeling the happiness.i could tell you,the waves teach me,good things in our life outweigh the bad.

the sunset makes my heart heavy.i miss my people,i long to belong!

guys,i have told you before, somone unknown whom i have never seen takes pain to send me the morning greetings.first i ignored them.but they didn't stop.somewhere far away,i wonder why he requests for my friendship.life has taught me many lessons on friendship.now i hesitate to accept people as my friends.


today morning,when i received this greetings,i was touched.the wordings are beautiful.i just can't ignore him anymore.

i may not acknowledge;but my unknown friend,thanks a lot for bringing a smile on my face daily morning.now iam used to your morning greetings.

an interesting thing happened in between.it was in the form of a mail.the other day, i received a short mail from syam who wrote, one midnight he happened to see my blog and the rest of the night he was awake!i didn't bother!but the chain of mails on my posts,the critical opinions,the quoting of lines which touched his heart and the late nights he gets glued to my posts offer another friendship.

my local friend,loretta cheers me .she is getting ready for the forthcoming easter.she lives in cortalim,half an hour drive away.she visits me once a while and pampers me with lots of gifts.often i have to give her reassurance that nothing is wrong with her life.the bad man is out forever and the road to happiness is long.


tears roll up in my chest and rise up to my eyes when i think of indu,my sincere friend of little flower convent school.she was too simple and honest about our friendship.indu ,i can never forget you in my life!one must be lucky to have a friend like you!the picture is crystal clear of your tharavadu in orumanayoor.can u believe,indu,someone had come here to give spiritual talks at AYYAPPA TEMPLE.he had been to your tharavadu.i was again recollecting the carefree school days!

then often i recollect the happy memories of the time spent together with fatima,girija and asha lata of school.girija always tickled my laughter bones during lunch breaks.her loud laughter echos in my ears even now.fathima was innocent.the typical muslim girl from chavakkad.she reminds me the smell of athar.asha lata competed with me for the first rank.the first rank holders were given medals in the morning assembly every month after the unit tests were over.so,we competed in the real sense.

i must mention about asha menon who spent afew years here,in this beautiful state.she went on transfer to mumbai.she is the one who always has a smile for u.she gives me support and reassurance.we were not together for a long time.but,her phone calls and mails bring back the happiness.she is the one who remembers my star and checks out my birthday every year!she forces me to take a break and join her in mumbai!asha prepares all the special dishes with the added spice of love!

there is aditya who told me to write about my childhood memories.he is the one who sees to that the jasmine plants are watered regularly so that they bloom more and n each new bud reminds me .great,isn't it?he is the sincere friend who keeps away from me when he faces the hardships of life as he he knows,i will be worried.

and here is my special friend,the simple and honest roshan.he is gifted with the magic of writing.i want to label him as my extraordinary friend.we can spend time together in comforting silence!he is the instant poet!he writes beautiful lines on any topic under the sun.our humour sense strengthens our friendship!he encourages me to write more.[hey,roshan,i believe,this feather won't be too heavy for your cap].

experiences are not all that pleasant.we find people around us who claim to be our friends when they need us.there are a few,who left me and whom i left.but,i want to tell myself,''anu,don't bother,they don't deserve you.you are too sincere.''

i was a member of kitty parties.but it staretd becoming more of showing your status and wealth.and i realised,at the cost of the family,it doesn't give me any happiness.so,i quit!


and i have my dearest amma,little star,kishen,shankar,maza and nanda to stand with me,in every low n high of my life always.they keep my feet on the ground,but dreams alive.i love you a lot!my whole life,iam indebted to you!!!and my ettans n younger brother who give me moral support n see to that iam always happy.

i have been always impressed by the thick and true friendship of little star n maza,amma n sr.modesta.maza n little star are more of friends than sisters.my younger brother fondly calls them,'inapravukal.'they could share all the cries and laughter of life!what a blessing to have a hand to hold on.sincerity and love made the base stronger!


iam grateful to the kind gestures and friendly attitude of ram shukla,asha sharma,sunandha and kumudini at my workplace.

often we get caught up in our worries that we forget to appreciate the beauty,the sincerity in those who love us.every minute of everyday brings us the opportunities to create happiness in our lives.please note that happiness is within.

this is the season of lent and an important part of the lent is SANTOS PASSOS.In portuguese,it means 'Holy Steps' and signifies the journey of CHRIST to CALVARY.Santos Passos is a depiction of the ordeal ,contemplation and suffering of CHRIST before being crucified.

And this lent period,i remember sr.modesta n sr,jancina.they always chant asilent prayer for us. my amma's student and great fan,sr,modesta brings achange to our whole family.she is like a cool breeze.i make it a point to visit sr.modesta who is in mareena home now.five minutes spent with her recharges me with positive attitude.

just the other day achamma called from kottayam.they left here and settled in kottayam.she dreamt me n kishen and called up to find out all of us keep fit.she was my colleague for many years.

sr ,jancina who taught me malayalam and who wrote a story on me!she developed the interest in mother tongue and i was her favourite student.can you believe,i took second group for her in pre degree as she wanted to see me as a doctor!but i switched over to economics for degree course!she was happy when my younger brother became a doctor!

hey,guys,please take time to post a friendly 'hello''.take the initiative to keep in touch.catch up with your friends .they do make a difference.wisdom and warmth can come from any corner.life is not a spelling test.no matter,how many words we get right.we will never get disqualified.

and to all my long lost friends,

''ennodethinu pinakkam,
enthinanennodu paribhavam?''


on this sunday,when the band strikes up,my feet tap with a life of its own!my prince charming walks across towards me and i step into his arms.the dance,the wonderful dance goes on!it feels good to be back!

''A friend in need is a friend in need.''
will you be my friend?

and to you,

Main tere jism mein mehkunga gulabon ki tarah,
Aa kabhi mujhko dil me basa ke to dekh!


it's anu signing off,

wishing a grand sunday to relax,

sasneham,
anu

No comments:

Post a Comment