Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No Worries, Mon

Illustration Copyright Enoch Bolles

Our trip to Jamaica begins tomorrow early, early when we drive to the airport. I woke up at 2am this morning and could not get back to sleep. Apparently I was practicing. We have a layover...ergh. That means customs in the second city, which I'm hoping doesn't mean baggage claim and lugging our bags around the airport because I'm just not that into it. Look I'm a girl who needs to bring a variety of outfits, shoes, hats and accessories. I want to be prepared for whatever fashion emergency I might confront. I'm not a tank top and scruffy shorts kinda gal. I check my bags because there are huge bottles of 50 plus sunscreen in them. It's just the way it is! Yet another reason why I need a personal assistant!

I like the travel part, once you get to the destination. I just hate the hassle of flying. Remember when flying was fun...well except for the food. I actually miss the food now. Going through security is a nightmare. It takes so long to strip and pull all of your crap out of your bags and then shove it all back in while hopping on one foot and trying to get your other shoe on fast enough for the grumpy people behind you. Sheesh. Give a girl a second will ya?!

I got buried in work yesterday so my bedazzled 'Vamp' swimsuit is still unbedazzled. I'm hoping to rectify that today. I'll share with the class when I get back. I did finish two really cool projects that I can't share until they publish. I had a moment yesterday while rebuilding one of them thinking about how the simplest, repetitive patterns are often the easiest ones to screw up. It took three tries to get that danged bracelet right. Is that a metaphor for life? Methinks...yes.

I won't be plugged in AT ALL during our trip. So please don't email me or leave comments unless you are willing to wait until Monday for a response or approval. I intend to sit my booty on a hammock, sip tasty beverages from pineapples and enjoy the scenery for five fabulous days! WOO HOO! Congrats to Holly Davis of Girl's Night Out Designs for winning last week's Exposed contest! Email me at theimpatientcrafter@gmail.com with your snail mail addy and I'll get your prize shipped out after we get back!

Until my most auspicious return...craft on with your bad selves.

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment