Friday, March 27, 2009

Product Review Rings & Things Bracelet and Pendant Blanks

Product Review
Metal Bracelet and Pendant Blanks
Rings ‘n Things


The folks at Rings ‘n Things have one of my favorite websites and catalogs for wholesale findings and chain, they’ve been offering the unique since we bought from them for our bead shop years ago. I often find myself turning to them when I want something different and I don’t have time for a trip to Manhattan. They recently sent me some bracelet and pendant blanks to review and although I’ve not had time to whip up a free project, I’ve had plenty of thoughts running through my brain. My first impression was that the quality on these items was very high, and that even without embellishment these bracelets are appealing.

What I love about this style of bracelet blank is that it’s the perfect foundation for a wide variety of mixed media ideas. You can opt to glue on old buttons and add glitter and crystal accents, you can attach some vintage board game parts and leave them plain or add some bling, you can flip over bottle caps and fill them with 3-d elements and resin (one of my daughter’s favorite activities) or you can attach collaged wooden blanks with paint, images and accents...use one of the frames to create a thematically coordinating charm! I’d recommend a two part epoxy or metal friendly glue for maximum hold.

I’m a big fan of possibilities. I like being able to imprint my work with my own vision. That’s far more interesting to me than putting beads on a string or making something from a kit. Mixed media gives the crafter plenty of room for creative expression. Plus it’s a great way to recycle things you might ordinarily throw out. If you’re trying to save money but keep the creative juices flowing, I highly suggest trying these bracelet and pendant blanks. Before you toss out that wrapper, magazine or box, take a closer look. Maybe there’s a fabulous piece of jewelry waiting to unfold with a little imagination and these bracelet and pendant blanks from the folks at Rings ‘n Things.

If you’d like to win one of these bracelet blanks and a coordinating frame, leave a comment and I’ll announce a winner next Friday. Congratulations to Evie's Ark for winning Kristal Wick’s new book Fabulous Fiber Beads, please email me your snail mail address to: theimpatientcrafter@gmail.com

xoxo
Madge
The Impatient Crafter™
Check out my NEW BOOKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment