Monday, May 4, 2009

Bliss Necklace and A Very Soggy Carriage Drive

Copyright Margot Potter 2007


It was my sister-in-law's birthday on Sunday. I made this necklace a while ago for the Cantata Books website The Chick's Guide. Since my SIL is a yoga instructor, this seemed like a perfect fit. I whipped up some matching earrings and it was ready to go. Funny thing is that I wasn't quite sure if she'd love the colors, but she was wearing a pretty paisley peasant top that matched perfectly! Serendipity!

I used an image from Art Chix Studios and a Ranger Memory Glass frame. I accented the image with a Ranger Inkssentials pen. The beads are freshwater pearls, sterling, Czech glass and dyed agate carved flowers. I like the simplicity and balance of this design, which further supports the focal image and the Zen like vibe.

Yesterday we went on a very soggy and cold carriage drive. The skies opened up from the moment we hitched the horses until we put them back into their trailer. Would that I could share pics of fancy hats, opulent carriages, gorgeous scenery and the hoi polloi, but we all looked rather drenched and horrid by the end of the affair. I never got to eat yesterday, we weren't sure until the very last minute the event was on and didn't have time to stop for picnic snacks. I had literally taken one bite of my dinner when I was asked to give up my seat. I quickly scarfed down a roll, but it was impossible to eat standing up in a crowded room, plus the main course was a roasted pig. Although I have no problem eating pork, seeing a whole suckling pig laid out on a platter made this pig owner feel terribly bad about eating it, so I refrained. My lack of food, cold, wet clothes and boots combined with a few ill advised glasses of wine made for a rather unpleasant ride home.

Thank you, hubby dear for your boundless patience.

Until next time...craft on with your bad selves!

Cheers,
Madge

Check out my NEW BOOKS!
Website: www.margotpotter.com
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/margotpotter

No comments:

Post a Comment