Wednesday, May 13, 2009

GETTING INTO SHAPE





































THE MORAL LESSONS
sabahu noor![courtesy to my friend]
hey,friends,i'ven't started learning arabic.but i love to pick up words from other languages.
i am relaxing these days,thoroughly enjoying my holidays;it's nice to be at home with amma,being taken care of......
the root problem starts with my figure.now,i just can't escape.i was soooooooooooooo slim,tall and carefree.i'm still tall but the added weight makes me short.is it my fault?
when i started having pain on my knee,everybody became so alert.the visit to the doctor,his lectures and cautioning us about future turned my life upside down!
a new diet chart has been prepared.for breakfast,two iddlis without chutney,but with sambar minus coconut.dosa is a taboo as it is oily.by teno'clock,i can have cucumber or gooseberries with buttermilk.[and all other fried items are kept in the jars].
evening tea with two biscuits and the day's meal is complete with two chapaptis and a vegetable at night.
what a punishment!but nanda is strict with me.as she has left for newyork,i still have to be satisfied with these grass items as amma has turned to be the old teacher again .
the different mangoes are at home,specially the moovandan and neelan,but not for me.how much i wanted to relish these mangoes!i love having rice with curds and pickle.now rice is not cooked .i have the sukha chapptis. amma asks me whether i feel hungry.i have my will power now.i can say,''no'' to the tempting food.but during my precious holidays when i can unwind and enjoy,is it fair to be punished?

through skype,nanda demands for a daily report on diet.
amma doesn't allow me to sit at pc for long.like an obedient child i get up and start walking!the weighing machine is kept in the room so that i can check my weight once a week.
the doctor is very thin and he told me he chooses the patients.[i wanted to tell him,i choose the doctors].how people can judge me so fast?he complained i'm not health conscious.

[please remember,this is the only time of the year,i can enjoy!]
nanda is the strong advocate of exercises and yoga.when baby chechie started taking fifteen rounds in the temple in the morning,my classes started on the importance of walking!''anu,get up and walk.go for evening walks''.maza calls me from states to enquire whether i am doing the exercises.
my doctor brother gave me the warning,to reduce and reduce before the holidays get over..........
''anu cut on your food,forget food......''[and whatelse i should do]? kishen inspires me with the story of adnam sami and how he lost hundred and seven kilos.but kishen, he is a public figure and he has to perform while singing.i don't have to anchor any public shows now.

please don't talk about yoga and aerobics!and for meditation i've to keep my mouth shut,na?then who will talk to you?
see,nanda took all the chakka varattiyathu,knowing that i won't be able to resist.but,she doesn't know i had mouthful of pakodas and crisp murukku before it went to her bagagge!

our cousin pramod has decided not to increase his weight more than sixty kilos and iam the victim of his stern decision!whenever nanda gets a chance,she reminds me about him.

[a note to my people-you talk on any other topic except diet and figure!]

my little star reminds me to think of my college figure and she wants everyone to ask me''in which college are you studying''?

that's really nice of you dear,i used to steal second glances! the tall slim village girl with the longest hair in the college.
just look at the tailor!what does she think of herself?she stiched a blouse double my size thinking the fitting had to altered within a week!can she visualise my body after one week?rediculous!hey,guys.don't get on my nerves!
to be precise,i am frightened now.hey,i'm not that round like the pumpkin.then,is it easy to reduce the calories gained over years?
let's see.i have started taking short walks,stopped having my favourite rice and curd,no oily stuff as snacks and a big no to sweets.
now,friends,tell me what is your advice?before nanda comes down from newyork,i have to reduce atleast four kilos.
she had bought and kept one huge kumblanga[cucumber]and many gooseberries................the speech is delivered on the importance of cucumber in helping us to reduce weight faster.
the big cucumber stares at me,as i have to gulp the curry without coconut for two weeks till it gets over!
now, i don't look at the jars n the kitchen filled with mixture,murukku,laddus and mysore pavu. [and all the jars are full, waiting for guests].
the only way is to drink more water and butter milk and keep on writing new posts.i'm helpless!im reaady to go for the long walks.will you join me?on the bank of the river,holding the hands, watching the sunset,breathing fresh air,let's go for a looooooooooooooooong walk.;D


it's anu signing off...........
waiting to have tips from you on shedding extra kilos............
and you know,i value your suggestions.

MA ASSALAM!

anu loves you all..........

sasneham,

anu


thursday-may 14th,2009




1p.m

No comments:

Post a Comment