Monday, May 18, 2009

Peekaboo...I see you!

Peekaboo Mixed Media Necklace Copyright 2009 Margot Potter


Sometimes the muse is with you 100% and can take you from inspiration to fabulous finished designs in seconds flat! Yay Muse! Yay fabulosity! Yay something else but I’m not sure what so I guess I should stop typing now...

The folks at
Rings & Things just keep coming up with wickedly cool products for the jewelry making afficionado. Here’s a design I whipped up super fast using their new hammered oval footage gun metal chain, black rattail #1 weight and some random stuff I had lying around the studio. I have a bead board on the sliding component of my work desk (the one the keyboard should go on...were I even marginally normal) and it’s my catch all for the beads that didn’t quite make it into a design. This bead board is constantly overflowing, but it’s a great one stop shop for accent beads! I rummaged for some beads that matched and added them to the chain and the top of the rusty vintage keyhole I decoupaged with a flapper image peeking through. I have a keyhole collection I’ve been slowly amassing over the past few years...I have plans for them. Yes. Yes I do. I added a gunmetal key and one frayed rattail bow accent and that was all she wrote. The plan is to let that rattail keep unraveling...so this piece gets cooler with age.

Rings & Things also sent me a copy of their extensive and information packed
Gemstone Bead Index. I have always felt they have THE best website in the jewelry making biz in terms of information about what you’re actually buying and extensive gem history, lore and fun facts. Love them for that.

They sent me three cell phone lariats and a serpentine necklace in both gold and silver plate. Leave a comment and I select someone to receive these goodies along with a generous mix of beads randomly selected from my Bead Board of Wonders! I’ll announce a winner next week, please check back to see if you won and email me at
theimpatientcrafter@gmail.com if you have problems leaving a comment and if you win so you can claim your prize. I can’t hunt you down all over the interwebs...it’s up to you to get that mailing address to me!

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment