Friday, May 15, 2009

News!

Dazzle copyright 2009 Margot Potter courtesy of FW Media/North Light Books from Bead and Wire Jewelry Exposed

The ink is dry and I can share some good news! I sold my sixth book yesterday. It's official! I'll be working with the folks from North Light Books/FW Media again. We've got a good thing going so we're going to keep it up! I'm not spilling the beans on the book title or topic until we get closer to pub date. A gal has to have a few tricks up her sleeves...besides a little mystery is a good thing.

Later today you can watch a video I shot at CHA Winter with the delightful duo of Ana and Megan Araujo of When Creativity Knocks. I share the Dazzle necklace (see image above) from the new book Bead and Wire Jewelry Exposed with Katie Hacker and Fernando DaSilva. It's a pretty cool idea using Beadalon Memory Wire, so check it out! While you're there read up on their WCK Cruise this Fall...I'm teaching along with the fabulous folks from Diva Craft Lounge and Ana Araujo! Come play with us!

I've got a very quick turn around on this book so I'm afraid my blogging is going to be shorter, sweeter and more to the point until the August deadline. Think of it as The Impatient Crafter Lite! I did want to mention that we've decided to move the Beads and the City trip to Spring of 2010. It gives us more time to fine tune things and let's face it...NYC in August is misery. I'll keep you posted on the details as we get them nailed down.

I also wanted to say how proud I am of my amazing daughter Avalon. She was a Student Ambassador last night at a program for the entering students. She had to give an extemporaneous speech to the parents about the various classes offered in her grade. I wasn't the least bit surprised to hear she loves public speaking because she's a natural. She's also been invited to next week's award ceremony and I'm excited to see what award she receives. What a great kid! I'm the luckiest Mom ever!

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment