Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bead Soup Challenge

Bead Soup Ingredients courtesy of Susan Kennedy of Sue Beads

Day two of two days off of work in a row and I'm starting to feel human again. My 'things to do' list is overflowing, but I really need to unwind. I mean I REALLY needed to unwind.

I finally had a chance to snap a pic of this lovely little stash of beads sent to me by Sue Kennedy of Sue Beads. What she doesn't know is that this stash was made for my grandmother Cissy, who loved all things Asian and decorated in white, black and red. These are colors and motifs I love working with, but I'm still going to challenge myself to do something totally different with them.

Sue and I are partners in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party. I'm still brainstorming a design...so stay tuned. I sent Sue some pretty autumnal themed beads in a variety of materials, you can see some pics here at her blog.

Thanks, Sue!

I'll be co-hosting Jewel School on Jewelry Television on air or live streaming at JTV.com tomorrow morning from 9am-Noon EST with the delightful Katie Rooke. Tune in for the debut of a FABULOUS new product!

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment