Monday, April 12, 2010

He's Got The Sweetest Little Baby Face... Birthday Gift From A Very Dear Friend








"Mom, How long do I have to sit here and smile?
What did you say? 2 more shots. Oowww that hurts.
I think this one is going to cost you 2 slices of cheese."





This is my "Handsome", Bruiser. He sits like a little boy on the cool decking in the morning sun, and some days he allows me to take his picture. Saturday was one of those days. Bruiser is a little Boston Terrier, I have had him since he was 7 weeks old. He will be 7 on July 11th. I just had to share him with you, as he is the love of mine and DH's lives.









Now ladies, take a look at this. Yes, it is a little brownie camera, that has been converted into a clock. My Dear Friend, Shannon, that I work with, made this for me as a surprise for my birthday. Now Shannon is one of those sweet people who cannot keep a secret, so she gave it to me early, (almost 2 weeks early) as she was afraid she was going to tell me. It is so beautiful. She took the lens out and put the little clock face and hands in that hole. She glittered everything. The hands, the dial, all of the edging, and then glittered a key and a purse on top. I don't have to tell you how loud I squealed, you probably heard me in every state this morning. That was about 7:30(ish) Phoenix time.







On the back she put my first and last name initials (thus the SS). The little tree that she glittered and added sequins to, is my cherry tree. As Shannon knows how much I love cherries. The little hole in the back here of the camera, I am going to get a little artificial cherry and glue it over the hole. I thought it would look cute with the stem and all. Shannon loved the idea.










And just look at the beautiful decorations that she added to the sides. I love it. Shannon works full-time and is going to college at nights. In her spare time since January she has been working on this beautiful gift of love for me. Thank you Shannon from the bottom of my heart. I love ya girl. You are the BEST. I asked Shannon if she was going to go in the clock business? No way, she said it is to much work, and very time consuming. So guess what ladies, looks like I have an original. One and only....





Remember, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.





As always thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love...



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment