Monday, April 26, 2010

We Spent A Day In Amish Country...






Marydon and I took off early each day. After a wonderful breakfast, this particular morning, we headed off to PA. and into Amish country. I had never seen any Amish people before, and they are quite lovely. I loved the childrens' faces. They were so enjoying this particular afternoon. These two were on their way to a corner grocery store. They stopped to look for cars before moving onward. Isn't the little boys face just precious?










And off they go...










This was a scene at the corner grocery.

They would pull right up, tie up their horse to the hitching post,











and then head on inside the store. I thanked this Amish gentleman kindly for allowing me to photograph him. He looked at me, and went inside the store.










Look at the beautiful horse. I love the sound of the clop, clop on the roads as they passed by. I could tell they were quite used to curious onlookers as they passed by. The sound will be forever etched in my heart. I fell in love with this countryside.










This particular gentleman was scooting along the sidewalk.










When we got up beside him, we noticed he had a baby in his basket. If you look closely you can see the whisps of hair on the baby's little head. It was precious.








Marydon and I were headed down another road, I looked to my right, and this gentleman was plowing his field with a 6 mule team. The wind was blowing, I could hear the clank of the mules harnesses as they were moving along the field plowing. Clank clank, clank clank.








They got to the end of the field, he gracefully turned the team with the plow and headed back down to plow another row. Is this not the most beautiful scene ever?







Clop clop, clop clop, here comes another carriage. This particular one was driven by a woman.








And ofcourse a day could not be complete without several loads of laundry. I loved this picture.



I hope you have enjoyed your tour of the Amish countryside. I have over 700 pictures to share off and on. Stay tuned for my next tour. So much to share.



As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love...









post signature











No comments:

Post a Comment