Friday, April 30, 2010

Pink is A Happy Color in Many Places

Good morning "Pinkies" and welcome to my Pink Saturday post. As always, please thank the beautiful Ms Beverly at How Sweet The Sound for organizing and hosting this fabulous event, each and every Saturday. Please remember to go and check out her blog, and see the complete list of Pink Saturday "Pinkie" participants, and take the time to go and visit some of them. You will find the pinkest of "Pinkies" right here at Pink Saturday.









If you are a follower of my blog, then you know that last week I spent in Maryland with my precious friend Marydon @ Blushing Rose. She is truly my sister. We are both attached at the hip for life.  Marydon had the most wonderful schedule all planned out for me to see the best of everything. Let me tell you pink is in abundance there. But one of the most interesting places to find pink I am sharing below. Who would have thought?





We went on a tour of the home of Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower our 34th President of the United States, from 1953 until 1961. He and Mamie Eisenhower retired to the place where they had spent much of their post-war time, a working farm adjacent to the battlefield at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. In 1967, the Eisenhowers donated the farm to the National Park Service and since 1980 it has been open to the public as the Eisenhower National Historic Site. Pinkies just take a gander at the pink that was awaiting me there.












First down the hall, their bathroom. Look at the monogrammed towels for Mamie and Dwight. Pink trash can with fringed edging and the same on their monogrammed hamper. Even notice the pink weight scale in the pink. Yes Mamie loved pink. Notice the little pink hairbrush left on the sink area.











Now the bedroom. Love the pink satin bedspread. (If you look closely you will also see the headboard was pink. So elegant.) Even the drapes matched with the beautiful pattern. Notice the beautiful pink lamp with trim on the bedside table.











Even the little settee at the foot of the bed was made of the satin pink. Isn't it exquisite? Now pinkies you have got to share with your hubbies that even Presidents aren't afraid of pink. Love it.



  










Next, came the linen closet. Look at all the pink. Loved the pink towels, notice there is another pink quilt on the top shelf. Even towels with pink roses.  On the third shelf from the top, on the left, I noticed they even had a few with eyelet trimmed in pink. Yes Mamie did love pink.













Down the hall was one of the guest bedrooms. Mamie has the most beautiful rose patterened curtains and  bedspread, and just take a look at the pink dust ruffle. So very elegant. The lamp once again pink, with pink trim on the lamp shade. Notice the red carpet. They had lots of red carpet.










And lastly, I know it isn't pink, but just look at this exquisite dining room. It is red which pink does come from, so I just had to share. The chairs are so elegant, and feast your eyes, if you haven't already, on the beautiful chandelier. I fell in love with it. Isn't it exquisite? I can just imagine all of the dinner parties that were held here, and all of the famous guests that dined here. Just look at the beautiful pieces of the glass collectibles on the shelves, and I loved the tea set.





I hope you have enjoyed your tour with me today. I only shared the pink with you, but there were so many other beautiful rooms in this home. (Please click on the link at the top to Blushing Rose, as Marydon is sharing the other parts of the house tour today). I felt like royalty as I walked through. If you ever get the opportunity, and you are in the area, you must add this tour to your schedule. Thank you Marydon for taking me. I had the time of my life.














And lastly, I wanted to share one of the beautiful bouquets that Marydon had designed by a local florist, for our Maryland tea that she hosted while I was there. She loves pink and ofcourse lavendar is one of my favorite, so she had the two combined. Aren't they just beautiful?













Thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs and much love,








post signature







No comments:

Post a Comment