Friday, January 21, 2011

Queen of Hearts!

Queen of Hearts Earrings and Card Copyright 2011 Margot Potter for Jewel School
(Click on image above to read text...just do it.)


This post is part of the FaveCrafts Finished on the 15th Blog Hop, click the icon above to visit their blog and see lots and lots of crafty creations!


When we last spoke...okay when I last whined...I had just emerged from a very, very long week. I spent to today FINALLY cleaning the temporary studio. It's still filled with boxes, but the Jeweler's Bench has been cleared and my desk is no longer riddled with piles of wire bits, beads, plastic baggies, spools of wire, papers that need to be filed, mysterious empty wrappers...and the other things that tend to pile up in a studio when one is working fiendishly to meet deadlines.

This month's newsletter for JTV just went live! I am so proud of the project above. It was one of those grace under fire moments and the earrings and the card turned out even better than I'd hoped. Every once and a while that happens. My attempt at mastering the Viking Knit Tool on the other hand...not so graceful. I will prevail galdangy!

I called this project Queen of Hearts. Those of you who read this drivel on a regular basis will recall that I posted this photo sans text a while back. I still can't quite decide the gender of this Victorian cutie. Can you?! Either way, it's one of my favorite photos from my ephemera collection.

Follow this link for instructions to make these earrings and all of the beady goodness in this month's Jewel School Newsletter!

Tomorrow I'll share the link to my latest Video on Demand for JTV!

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment