Thursday, January 20, 2011

This Little Piggy is Pooped.

A MUCH Younger, Less Stressed, Far Svelter Madge as Lady Guinevere in a Serious Conversation with King Arthur

Today is the end of my work week. I get Fridays and Saturdays to decompress. I'll still do some work on both days, I have a lot to prep for the big CHA and Tucson shows that are looming closer and I have to get ahead at work so I'm not behind when I get back. I am exhausted.

Ex hau sted.

I feel like I've been run over by a semi, dragged across the bottom of a river bed and pummeled with rocks.

This week I had to create three live designs on TV, prep projects and shoot two step by step videos, create a project with instructions, an article, a newsletter greeting for the newsletter, write instructions with hot links and product numbers for the blog, meet with production to start nailing down wardrobe and preliminary details for the upcoming DVD shoots, meet with planning to go over details of Sunday's show which I'm co-hosting for the first time, order product to demonstrate in the live shows, answer the Jewel School daily customer emails...email vendors for meetings at the shows, navigate the complexities of corporate interaction...and by mid-day yesterday I was already wilting.

Just to clarify, I'm not highly skilled at the complexities of corporate interaction. I'm finding it utterly frustrating and tedious.

It's funny how little people understand about how much work it takes to create a design or come up with a concept or learn a new technique or make sure that what your doing shows off the materials to their best advantage. It sounds so easy, just slap some beads on a string and call it a day. It's not that easy. Most of my time is spent not making something fabulous, because that's how I figure out what does and does not work. One design can take many attempts and many hours to get just right. I simply can't give a half baked performance or share a half baked idea. It's not in me.

Calgon, take me away.

I am waiting for this week's video to go live, as soon as it does I'll share the link. There should be a new blog here any minute too...

Until then, you can find Madge in a puddle sipping on some Sauvignon Blanc whilst staring at the Smokies.

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment