Friday, January 7, 2011

Rhyme In Pink...

When my kids were young,
I loved reading nursery rhymes
to them. We would turn the pages
of time and read them over and over.
My Baby Boy turned 30 this week,
And I found myself looking back.

Today I am stepping in roses.
Soft petals of time. A happy time.
Soft in color, pure in heart.
So if you will, step back with me.

Little Miss Muffet,
Sat on her PINK tuffet.
The kids loved to see her
run from the spider, as I too,
am NOT a fan of spiders.

Ohhh, and poor Humpty Dumpty.
Sat on his wall and took a GREAT fall.
I never could get across to them that we
couldn't use glue to put him back together.
Look at his precious PINK cheeks.
One of my favorites was Jack and Jill.
Went up the hill,
To fetch a pail of water.
Oh how they laughed when they
would come tumbling down.
They would roll on the floor
tumbling too, until their little cheeks
were as PINK as Jill's dress.

An all time favorite:
Mary had a little lamb,
It's fleece was white as snow.
They used to say "Feets". It took
me a LONG time to change that one.
Don't you just love Mary's PINK
polka dotted dress.

Old Mother Hubbard,
went to her cupboard.
To get her poor dog a bone.
(Oh and he is sitting up and all.)
My son always asked, "Mom,
couldn't she just go to the store
and buy one?"
Notice her PINK dress and
poor dogs little PINK perch.

Another magical one...
Little Bo Peep,
Has lost her sheep.
We spent many an afternoon,
Searching magically for those sheep.
We never found them either, but what
fun and magical times for Me and the Kids.
Love her PINK dress, and the PINK trim
on her pinafore.


And oh Look PINKIES.
It is all of you.
Sherry, Sherry Quite Contrary,
How does your blog home grow?
With crafters, and writers,
Sewers and bakers.
All in a little row.



I am linking up for Pink Saturday.

Hosted by
Ms Beverly @ How Sweet The Sound.

Please pop over and see the other pinkies on the
McLinky and visit one, or two or three. They will
bless your heart. Thank you for hosting Ms Beverly.
You are the hostess with the mostess.


As always,
thank you for stopping by,
my little piece of heaven,
here in the desert,
that I so love to call home.
Country hugs and much love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment