Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WORSHIPPING MOTHER NATURE

18thJanuary,2011
Tuesday
Dear Friends,
  A very pleasant good evening!
The blue waves are so beautiful at night with all colourful reflections of the lights from the ships.I spend time to enjoy the beauty of the sea at night and get recharged.Today the visual treat is at its best with the full moon in the sky.I do share a lot with my waves and clouds daily.The rapport is beautiful and we are happy with each other.I do get signals.:)
I will be always grateful to Nanda[my darling sissy]for making me appreciate nature.She is the one who insisted that I must listen to the music of the waves daily.Gradually,I realised the silence of nature,the twinkling of the stars,the chirping of birdies,the smiling blooms,the fast flowing streams,the whispers of leaves teach me a lot.
My Little Star taught me to enjoy the freshness of the cold grass blades under the feet walking without sandals.It's so wonderful!
I wish to thank my dear friend,Sahana for her Thanks Giving post .I had done a guest post for Sahana.She surprised me with her new post.She has written all the wonderful words expressing her true emotions and I could feel her love and friendship in each and every word.It was an amazing post!The link is here.Thanks a bunch my dear, for your post and the touching mail addressing me as Didi.:)Cool
http://rsahana.blogspot.com/2011/01/thanksgiving-post.html
I want to thank my new reader who has written a beautiful comment but requested me not to publish the same.You have inspired me a lot and I hardly knew I have secret admirers.:)You can contact me by gmail.Thank you so much!
 I live in the beautiful land of endless beauty enriched with natural and cultural heritage.There are various folk festivals,folk beliefs and folksongs in Goa which speak volumes of the social life,flora and fauna of the region.The various rituals observed at the different festivals establish a direct link with the age-old traditions that emerged after the fusions of races and agricultural communities.Shigmo is an exclusive spring festival of men and Dhalo is of women.The varied cultural expressions of indigeneous nature are depicted through folk music,dance and drama.The song of Goan natives to seek the blessings of Mother Nature and of village deities has become a long cherished authentic tradition of Goa society.
Womenfolk all over Goa celebrate an important eco-feminist tradition of the West Coast of India,teh ritualistic Dhalo Festival during the month of 'Paush' and 'Maagh'.It reflects their devotion for the Mother Goddess [Dharti Mata]and the Forest Goddess[Van Devata] by reciting varied floksongs.
A unique festival,Dhalo is celebrated by the women of the villages.Festivities go on for five,seven or nine days in the month of Pausha and Magha of the Hindu calendar.

                          Dhalo performances take place in an auspicious open courtyard,a sacred place locally known as,'Dhalyacho Mand'or sometimes simply'Mand' where footwear is not allowed.
Dhalo,which is performed by women only begins on 'Dhalyacho Poonav'[full moon day].Women worship Tulsi before the Dhalo commences.
The Dhalo festival and songs reveal our bonds with various facets of nature.There are various Dhalo songs that make references to the local flora and fauna.
Dhalo comes to an end with a special ceremony called,'mand shimpane',in which women sprinkle water on the 'mand'.A song related with 'mand shimpane' is;
''Dhalyacha Mathyar Shanacho Kalo
Aayachan Dhalo Saran Gelo''.
During the Dhalo,women from two parallel rows,facing each other.They move forward and backward to the notes of the songs they sing.It is believed that the deities who are invited through these songs come to the Dhalyacho Mand to give their blessings to the women present here.
The Dhalo songs tell stories of life,society and the harmonious relationship women have with nature.These women who worship Mother Earth through such festival have kept alive the spirit of the eco-feminist festival of Dhalo and its songs.
Please take time to be with nature and enjoy the beauty!It's priceless!Never ever miss the amazing wonders-the sun,moon and the stars!
More plants,more birds and butterflies,
More trees,more rainfalls!
Let's together protect nature!
Please remember Nature lavishly pours her gifts on us!
And we do have a right to take care and respect Mother Earth!
Every morning the small shining star welcomes me before the sun!How beautiful is the smile of the star!
Have a look at the sky and let the full moon fills your heart with love and peace!
Tonight I want to sleep in a beautiful hut made of mud that we see in villages.
Wishing you sound sleep and a brighter tomorrow,
It's Anu signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment