Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fall Findings In A Cigar Box Exchange...





Hosted a Fall Cigar Box Gift Exchange.




She paired us up with a partner.
Our job was to go, secretly of course,
Find out what our partner liked,


and design a cigar box just for her.





I was paired up with Sue
@ I Need Mom. Just click on 


the link, go and visit Sue, give


her some lovin, and while you 


are there you can see the box


I made just for her.





Now Sue spent some time around


my blog to find out a little bit about


my loves, and she nailed me right


on the head. She knew I loved


pink, and magic, and fairies. Just


look at the box that came for me.








Just look how beautifully it came boxed,

with love, to me. Sue thinks of every little

detail let me tell you.







Tied with a beautiful Fall ribbon.
Notice my box says for,


"Special Someone." Just 

look at the detail. "Joy"

and "Laugh". Oh Sue I just

love this box of happiness.
It has made my heart "Happy".


Let's take a peek inside.







Oh My Gosh Sue!!
She knew of my home sickness for Fall.


Look at what she put on top.
I am pressing these and putting


them in a frame. Since moving to
Phoenix, Fall is the only real season


that has made me want Oklahoma.
I love the Fall.







Now would you just look at the treasures,

that beheld my sight when I went in to the

treasure chest for a deeper look.

Just look at these sparkly flowers.

Are they not absolutely divine?

And look something with an "S".







A bag of potpourri with an "S". It can be for

Sherry or for Smith. (One of the nice things

about having the same letter for your first

and last name.) And Anthropologie besides.
Oooh Sue, you are a gal after my own heart.
Here's a closer look at my flower of beauty.


Also just see the gorgeous ribbon to save
for another special project. Sue, you just


thought of everything sweet friend.







A sparkly pumpkin and gord. Aren't they delightful?

And look, a little notepad for writing my secrets

perhaps, or for writing down the next craft projects

that are yet to be.
 







Oh and lookie here. A beautiful glittered card,

with skeleton keys attached. I wonder what

they open? You just never know. Key to a

lovely friends heart, just for me. Thank you Sue.
And take note of the beautiful vintage hankie.
Everything was wrapped inside of this in the box.
Blue is one of my favorite colors, and I so


adore the blue tatting. Just gorgeous.







And lastly I wanted to share (1) of the two vintage
postcards 
that Sue enclosed. Does this not
say "Vintage"? Oh what 
a treasure these
cards are. Another write perhaps, I want


to share dates, and writings from the backs.
Sue, my sweet friend, how did you ever part


with these jewels? And to think she told me

she couldn't craft. Ladies do you agree with

me when I say, I think she was pulling my leg?







I got so carried away about the treasures,

I just had to go back and show you the
details in these last two pictures.


Look at the gorgeous lace she added around

the edge. Is it not elegant?







And here is a close up of the lid. She knew

my love for butterflies. Love that blue butterfly.

And "Glow" is the magic word inside. Yes,

Sue you made my heart "GLOW". Oh how

beautiful this box is. I thank you from the very

bottom of my heart, sweet friend. I will cherish

it always, as I do our blogging friendship.







Friends are what make the world go round.
Cherish each heart you meet. Hold it in


your hands with the greatest of care. It 

is the greatest gift of LOVE. Sue thank you

for the gift of LOVE. I will cherish it forever.

post signature













No comments:

Post a Comment