Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sherry Finds 3rd and 4th Grade...


 






Today in sharing


Mommy's Piggy Tales,


I will be writing my story 

about Third and Fourth Grade.
I was a little under the weather
last week and was unable to 


make my post. Here is a little
share of both. I hope you enjoy.






This was me in the 3rd grade.
I loved this 
jumper. It was corduroy
and Momma made 
it for me.
We bought the little turtleneck


that I wore beneath it.
It was crisp, and it 
made noise
when I walked. I loved dresses 


that made noise when I walked.


This year I had Mrs. Wise.
I loved her as 
a teacher. She was
strict but an excellent 
teacher. 

She too read stories to us in the
afternoon as a treat and quiet time.


I to this day believe that my love for

reading came from the wonderful

grade school teachers who encouraged

us to read. Whatever happened to

plain old reading, writing and 

arithmetic?







Here I am at GranDad and Grandma's farm.

In the background to the left is my precious

Grandma. She was a BIG 4ft. 8 inches tall.
I loved her with all my heart, and 
the love for
baking that I have today came 
from watching
both Grandma and Momma. 
I always loved how
 Grandma carried her black 
purse everywhere she
went. Oh Grandma, has 
it really been almost
35 years since you graduated 
to heaven?



 When Grandad bought Little Pony all of us
grandkids 
instantly fell in love. Now
he was a tricky little 
guy. He loved me.
I was never tossed but, 
my brother Rickie and
my cousin Jeff went 
sailing through the air
this very day. I had already had my ride,


and Rickie and Jeff wanted to ride together.

Well they both got on, and off Little Pony

ran heading straight for the farm fence,

bob-wire of course. Grandad was yelling to

pull back the rains. Rickie was pulling but

Little Pony was not stopping. He just kept

running and running. I can still see his 

mane flying like the wind. Well let me tell

you Little Pony ran right up to the fence and

stopped dead in his tracks sending Rickie

and Jeff right over the fence flying and
landing onto the 
hard dirt, on the other side.

 They were both just whaling and carrying on.

Luckily nobody was hurt, just their pride 

and Little Pony was sold not to much later.

I think Grandma decided Little Pony was

not a good idea after all. She certainly had

a way with keeping Grandad in line. Kind of

like all of us gals do with DH.







Here I am in the 4th grade.
I had Mrs. Williams that year,


she wore bright red lipstick,
and dresses that were fit at


the waist and had lots of
slips underneath. (Like June Cleaver


on Leave It To Beaver.) She wore
one that was military 
green and I
remember she looked so pretty in it.
She 
also wore a white sweater,
and it had a sparkly 
decoration on it.
It was so pretty. I loved the swish her


slips made as she walked about the
classroom. Isn't it funny how we 


remember the little things?



This was my first blue ribbon in
Little Olympics. I ran in 
the Shuttle Relay
and I was so tickled when we won.


Mrs. Wise (my 3rd grade teacher,
introduced me to running, and I found
out I was good.) Over the next


3 years I won many ribbons,
they were all blue. The 
last 2 years I also
 ran the 220 relay, and my position was


3rd runner. I loved running. I remember
my hair was long, 
and Momma had it in
pony tails. Momma and Daddy


both worked and never did get to
see me run. They 
were always there to
meet me when I came back 


to the school, but they never saw me run.
Notice I had on my Adams Flying "A"


shirt. That is what they looked like.
Oh and my blue ribbons, I still have


them in the attic safely packed away.









And in closing today I have to share my

certificate I received. It was my promotion

from Blue Birds to Camp Fire Girls.

I was in a group called the

Giggling Blue Birds, and yes

I remember Lavada Bennett.

Her daughter Julie was in my class.

What fun we had in Blue Birds. I

always sold enough boxes of candy
to go to Camp Rhodes in the Summer.


It was a fun time.










As always thank you for stopping by,

my little piece of heaven,

here in the desert,

that I so love to call home.

Country hugs and much love,







post signature
















No comments:

Post a Comment