Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,MOTHER,DEAR!

 2nd November,2010
Tuesday
Dear Friends,
                   Good Morning!Happy November to one and all.
November is one of the favourite months for me.This is Thulam[Malayalam Masam]and it rains in the evenings.Weather is very pleasant.Nature has been blessed with more and more beautiful  flowers and the water bodies are full.When I go to temples,it's so tempting to dip my hands down to feel the cool water of the temple well.Water is near to the brim.Yesterday I went to Kuttankulangara MahaVishnu Temple.The idol of Kannan is so adorable and cute.The garlands of Tulsi and Lotus adorned Kannan.The crown was of Thechi and white flowers.The ambience is so pure.We can have darshan of Kannan from very close, standing near sopanam.Lord Ganesha,Devi and Nagaraja are upadevathas.
This temple is situated near Pookunnam Junction.You will love this temple.There is a huge tank filled with water.
         I am so happy and feeling good.REASON?......................:)
God in heaven said to a nine month child:''You are going to born on earth tomorrow.''

Child cried and asked:''How will I talk with people?''
God:''I had sent an angel to earth.She will teach you.''
Child:''How will I learn good words?''
God:''Angel will teach you.''
Child:''I'll suffer from sorrow''. 
God:Angel will be there to listen''.
 Child:''How do I find that angel"?
 God:''Simple.People call her,'Mother''.

And thank you God,for blessing us with such wonderful parents.Amma's birthday falls on Uthram star of Thulam month.Uthram is the star of Lord Ayyappa.Achan is born on Uthradam star of same month.Amma's birthday is tomorrow on 3rd,November-Wednesday.
I have written many times about my parents in the previous posts. Here,you can see the photo of my beloved parents.[And those who have asked me my photo for umpteen times can have an idea now-I resemble my Achan and Nanda my Amma].:)
Still I have volumes  to say...........:)
I dedicate today's post to my Amma,darling,on her special day!

To the new readers..........

Here's once again the auspicious day,
To wish Amma A Very,Very  Happy Birthday!
And Many Many Happy Returns Of The Day!
May Lord Guruvayoorappan shower,
His Choicest Blessings On You!
Amma, May You Be Blessed With,
Long Life,Sound Health And Happiness!
My Amma is Chandrika Menon,Achan,Balachandra Menon,
Achan's dearest Chandri,
And the respectable Chandrika teacher[retd] for the students and villagers.
Both of them were lucky to do college,
Under the famous Mahakavis,
 Prof.Sanjayan influenced Amma a lot!
And the strong language was thus built.
Achan has left for heavenly abode,years before.
When Amma was lonely,she turned into writing,
And is the author of five books!
Still so humble and simple in thoughts,
And dedicated and so pious!
We are so grateful for the proper  education we received,
The guidance,positive thinking and optimism;
The encouragement  and the exposure
We received in the growing years,
And for developing the reading habits,
Thus inculcating love for letters,
Introducing we five children,
Into the wonderful and amazing
 World of knowledge and imagination!
For making us strong to deal with the stresses of life!
Lying on your lap we forget our worries,
The loving strokes  on our hair,
With your caring hands soothe our minds.
Amma,dearest,You are always loved,
And appreciated a lot!
We are so delighted when people say,
Amma is so beautiful and graceful!
And yes,Achan is so handsome!
And we know your wedding photo,
Is the best in our family!
We have grown in the shade of your love and care,
By God's grace all are well settled.
Amma,your sunny smile lights up our days,
And you can sense the break in the voice!
Just by your mere presence,
Amma I feel a divine comfort,
And when we count our blessings,
You top the list!
Many of my friends and readers have asked about my Amma's published books.They are for private circulatin.They are,
Snehopaharam,
Smaranjali,
 Pavizhamuthukal,
Mozhimuthukal
Jnanadeepam
Here,I am publishing one of Amma's poems from Smaranjali.

                 The Divine Lamp
..................................................................
             Ah!The Golden lamp,the lamp
             Ever burning without a break!
             Bless me,shedding the rays of Thy brilliance,                          
              Unto my heart,weak and dark!
              In Thy radiance let me wipe out,
              The dust of ignorance
             Covering the Holy light in my heart!
             Let me entrust my poor self wholeheartedly,
           Before the magnificient lotus feet of the
                                     Unrevealing Absolute!
         I can do this with full trust and confidence!
         Where else can I get the perpectual
                 tranquillity and happiness?
           In Thy penetrating sunshine sunshine of wisdom
        Let me sweep away the waste
       Of my mental debris,chaos and confusions
         And overcome the beasts of temptations
       And passions and instinctive compulsions!
        The beams of Thy splendour can destroy
My troubles,woes and sorrows existing
Thow art the centre of salvation
For all the poor,the weak and the devotees.
May the Holy Divine Lamp shower upon me
The torrential bliss of happiness
And lead me with my frail and worn-out body
To Thy blessed Kingdom of Omnipresence!

Our parents taught us to believe in,

''If your mind is positive,


you would like all the people in the world.

If your tongue is positive,

All the people in the world will like you!''

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Friends,
        Some people give us the gift of,
      Tranquility,peace and happiness,
      To our lives till the last breath,
     They are called MOTHERS!
      Be grateful,loving and caring,
    As they teach us the best of the values!
     Life is so wonderful,
As there are no challenges that we can't heal!
I love all the MOTHERS!
May I take this opportunity to convey our warm regards to my chettathiyamma [bhabhi], Jishnu and others  who celebrate their birthdays on 4th November[Atham star].
It's Anu signing off..........................
Give the simple pleasures to your parents,
Be there when they need you,
Keep away from the drinks,drugs and smoking;
Take time to wipe the tears,
And give a warm and loving embrace,
To your loving parents!
They are the most wonderful,
People who live and die for you!
Wishing you a beautiful and peaceful  night,
Praying for a brighter tomorrow,
Reminding Anu loves you dil se,
                                           Sasneham,
                                                          Anu

                                             

.

No comments:

Post a Comment