Monday, June 29, 2009

Bargain For the Week - Baking Anyone? Anyone?

Well ladies, I went shopping on lunch again today. Now you know shopping is a bad thing for me, because I can smell a bargain a mile away. With the 4th just around the corner look at what I found today. Who doesn't love polka dots and stripes, and ofcourse who doesn't love RED?













Whether you are baking and need a great size mixing bowl? (The larger one was $6.99 and the smaller one was $5.99 at Ross.) The wooden mixing spoons are Paula Dean and I found those yesterday when I went to Fry's grocery, they were clearanced for $1.99. Who would've thought? I couldn't believe it. They are just so precious and so "Country Hugs".







Or maybe you need a bowl for fresh fruit to sit beside your favorite cookie jar? This cookie jar was given to me by my dear friend, Christina who moved away to Kansas City. She is from Alabama, and I think of you "Sugar" every time I take a cookie.









Or how about a bowl for dishtowels or dishcloths? I even added a
little cherry pin that I had, to the cloth draped over the bowl. Gives it
that little punch that sometimes we need or want? And of course you
know how I just love cherries.










And to complete this evening, who can get new bowls and not mix in them? Here is the completed project for today. Is anybody hungry? Just in time for the 4th of July. Moma's sugar cookies with sprinkles. Yum! Yum! My little cherry fairy is trying to add a cherry to each of them. I hope you have enjoyed my little shopping spree for the week. I am going to be in the kitchen and decorating this week. I hope I have inspired one of you to bake or given you an idea of what to do with one of your favorite bowls. Thank you for coming and please stop by "Country Wings in Phoenix" again. I do so love to have you stop by. Please list under my Followers and I will do the same as I love to follow your BLOGs as well. Have a wonderful evening. "Country Hugs", Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment