Tuesday, June 9, 2009

NAMES AND NUMBERS,WHAT A CONFUSION!







NOT MY CUP OF TEA


10.06.09,



WEDNESDAY,



11 a.m



Dear friends,



yesterday i was busy,shopping with ettan and family.the colourful and different world of pattu sarees and other stuff in the famous shpopping mall in trichur!i enjoyed for some time then i was lost!ettan was forcing to buy the saree,but anu refused.she just wants to be left in a book shop where she can spend unlimited time browsing the books and magazines!
then later in the evening, visiting the relatives made me feel nice.it's building the bonds,exchanging pleasantries,making each other feel better.
trichur is hot today,''rain ,rain went away''.i went out with ettan for a walk.on the way,we parted our ways and he went to guruvayoor.i walked alone and reached the book stall.there was not much selection and i had to satisfy myself with a magazine.

when anu is alone,she is descent,well behaved.amma reminds anu to be extra descent but she leaves that 'extra' at home and goes out!but she doesn't pass comments on the passers by!the roads of pooram city are full of garbage,leaving no space for the pedestranion to take a few steps.and the slabs are too dangerous,half opened,and the rest shaken!i lose my balance soon,and i need to hold nanda or ettan.when i'm alone and i hold the bike or the rider ,the cycle or the cyclewallah.imagine,the pavement was too high and to get down to the road i needed someone's hand.one young man was riding his cycle and he slowed down infront of me.i caught hold of the cycle and guys,he was losing his balance in the busy road infront of lord vadakkunnathan!he was shocked and i was also scared!with a sweet and long ''sorry'' i escaped the scene!but i can't forget his perplexed countenance.hey,guys,i am pure in thoughts!if i hold your bike or cycle or you next time,don't give me a startled look!i do that to balance my steps:)and not to unbalance your emotions!
i can never remember names and numbers! i call ramesh by rajeev,rajeev by rakesh and roshan by roopesh!and if someone calls me by the wrong name,i make a big issue!if my name is spelt wrongly,you get on to my nerves!i used to meet a little boy of first standard, playing in my neighbour's compound on sundays.he is so smart and i love small children.i used to call out and ask him his name;hey,even now i don't remember it was sumesh or sandeep::)the second sunday ,when he comes to play,i will ask him his name again.he started ignoring me.but i couldn't leave my chit chats with him.when i repeated it for the fourth sunday,he stared and told,''what is the point in telling you my name?you will forget again.so,i'm not going to tell you now''.no chocolates could lure him and anu lost all her self respect in front of a five year old!rightly said,''the child is the father of the man!'':)
but later i thought,the little one also has his self respect!

when i go out ,i meet my school mates and college friends.they recognise me,and will tell,''hey,anu,you've put on weight;but your smile is the same.could you recognise me?''and MY GOD!the last question i want to hear.i don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.i want to tell them how can i forget our funfilled days!but,no,names won't come to the tip of my tongue!anu is smart,''why not?how can i forget our break times and sharing lunch, cracking jokes!''''oh,please,someone is calling me,i will see you next time''!next time new tricks!sorry,friends!
i recall one incident!i was the college arts club secretary of little flower collegeand for a function i could invite two poets!can you believe,on the stage in front of the dignitaries,i addressed them wrongly by wrong initials and identities as both were ramakrishnans!My God!insulting the chief guest and guest of honour!again,with an apology,i escaped the embarassment!
friends,if i don't remember your name,or call you by wrong names,excuse me[i've taken anticiaptory bail].but i will never call you by names as some are fond of!
i was a very good student and i loved maths!i love solving puzzles and riddles!but,anu and numbers,never get along!you may be wondering why am i so mysterious!if i give you my basic details,the next question is for my mobile number!i don't know where my mobile will be!it's safe in a pouch and then in the handbag!i could never hear the ring tone!i'm not a mobile addict!i check the messages once in a blue moon,missed many important calls and lost the connections for ever!my mobile may be under the pillow,on the dining table or in the living room!and,i just don't know my number!someone smartly said,''no,problem;you don't remember;but give me a miss call.i will remember it for you.''but anu was smarter;''to give that miss call,where is my mobile now?''so,forget,yaar.''
when i ask someone for his/her number,i scribble it somewhere without the person's name and get confused whose number is that.so,anu asks the same question ten times and when she feeds the number in her mobile,she leaves a digit in between and struggles to reach the person,but of no use!when she told the problem to her colleague,he checked her mobile to his horror,he found out that most of the numbers were fed incorrectly-one digit less!anu must be awarded for her careless and carefree nature!
excuse her for not giving a call on time,not sending a sms,not giving a miss call.anu is simple and sincere.she remembers you while writing posts.each of your face is crystal clear in front of her!when the mobile is most needed,half the time will go in searching it!
i don't know my car number.numbers confuse me!before i leave trichur,i will learn nanda's car number.and if i try to reach out someone ,the wrong numbers will be typed and i land up with an unknown man!he asks me urdu and i reply english.people don't believe me i am forgetful or i can't remember the names and numbers!
i will never get a call from whom i long for and those sms in the morning sttopeed forever!everything else has aless charm.
so,i'm sure those who read my post will never ask me,''number please.............''anu is always out of range!
friends,
for the first time my red nokia is with me.i had received a sms three hours before and not yet replied!only in my train journey,i enjoy my mobile.
any suggestions?help me out of this mess!
after writing the post,i read out to amma and anu knows where to skip. with amma's blessings,each post is published!yes,the same way before writing an exam or before delivering a speech,i seek amma's blessings and shouts in excitement,''amma,this is my 60th post''.amma is cool.she replies,''do you want to increase only the number,not the quality''?
have a wonderful day!celebrate each moment of life!

i'm in a hurry to publish this,as my friend is leaving for chennai.he is areal source of inspiration!thank you my dear friend!

anu loves you all!
dear friend,far awy in the desrets,thanks alot for the cute little boy image!hey,he is so angry ,he may hit me if i ask his name again.i won't do it again!
sasneham,
anu





















No comments:

Post a Comment