Friday, June 19, 2009

My First Pink Saturday



Thank you Beverly for allowing me to participate in your Pink Saturday! What fun, I mean who doesn't like Pink?





PLEASE VISIT OUR LOVELY HOSTESS, BEVERLY, AT: http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com





Now today I spent most of my lunch hour looking in Michael's. It is one of my most favorite places to shop, and oh how I love a bargain. Today on an end cap I found a wonderful bargain, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I spied "PINK". Now I took a picture of one, but this is going to my Sister, Debbie at "There's An Angel On My Front Porch". Debbie this one is for you. I will be anxious to see what you do with yours. I also bought one for Moma, she will have to wait and be surprised. I'm not showing hers. Now all of my family lives there in Enid, Oklahoma but me. I sprouted my Country Wings and flew. Just because I flew does not mean that I have cut the apron strings with Moma and Debbie. We have a saying between us, "If we only had time for tea." We are always looking for tea pots and tea cups to send back and forth. Somehow when I pick up my tea cup or tea pot for tea, my heart opens and we are all together. I think I win the prize with these tea pots tho, as none of us have found any quite this large. Love, love, love them.





















Ladies these were a bargain at $8.49. I couldn't believe it. They had such a variety of colors, and I think they would be nice outdoors or in. My dear husband has drilled holes in the bottoms of a lot of items for me to plant in. Ofcourse you could just sit a small pot inside of this tea pot that could be taken out and watered each time.












Now this is what I did with mine:















I added pink geraniums with filler and made a nice arrangement for the kitchen island or the table. If this hadn't been PINK Saturday, you would be seeing a blue tea pot, but I figured what the heck? Pink is calming and maybe it will call for a much more peaceful dinner?? You think?? I would say "Not Gonna Happen in My House". With three grown kids, spouses and (7) grandkids the peace has gone out the door. We always have something going on EVERY day.








Now I also found another bargain at Michaels that I used pink with so I have to share. Another little planter, this one a bird. I love our fine feathered friends. (Debbie and I have our parents to thank for instilling that in us when we were just babies.) Take a look at this one:


























I love gerbera daisies and this one has light pink gerbera daisies and some small filler flowers with a little greenery. I put this arrangement on my antique drop leaf table by the front door. That story will be for another day.










Lastly I wanted to share a few pics of my garden. I actually have a few pink flowers. The first is a geranium, a ruffled one of some sorts, I believe it was a Martha Stewart. I planted it two years ago, and it stays out all winter, and is blooming again. It is so delicate looking.































The next one is one of my moss plants. It has a fluid texture to it. Stays out all year long, and ofcourse now, it too, is blooming. It is a very bright pink color. I don't know the actual name, so if anyone out there does comments are welcome.

















And lastly two of my roses. These seem to bloom all summer long. Even in the heat. They are happy in their home.






















I'd like to thank each of you for stopping by my home today and visiting. I hope you have enjoyed your stay and will come back again Sunday to read the Father's Day tribute to my Dad, my husband, and my two sons. Thank you again Beverly for allowing me to spread my Country Wings on Pink Saturday. Country Hugs from Country Wings in Phoenix, Sherry





































































No comments:

Post a Comment