Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thank God It's Friday!

TGIF! TGIF! TGIF!
What a week! I am off, so this is a good Friday.
Tonight I spent a little time in the yard looking about,
and got a few good shots that I wanted to share. Now you all
have so many beautiful green things to share and blooms to share
I just wanted to share a few of what I see in the desert.




The sun has set, and it is so absolutely beautiful. This is one of the reasons that keep me here, and will for the rest of my life. You can even see the tip of my windmill blade in the shadows. That little windmill moved with me from Oklahoma. We have had many conversations over the years, she and I about where she came from, and how she came to be here in the desert. She knows her job and does it well. She is rewarded with a new shiny coat of paint each year.





Now I don't know what this cactus is called. One of the ladies at work gave me a little start two years ago and it has taken off. For the first time it has a bloom. Tony and I are so excited to see what it will look like. Don't know the color or size, but will keep posting it. Here it is for you to see unopened.




The photo below has a story, and I have to share this with each of you. I brought home from work a pothos. It wasn't doing well in the heat in the office, so I just threw the pot in the flower bed. It took off, starting growing over time and has taken over the flower bed. So many people have asked me what it is? They have never seen one get so large. Some of the leaves are the size of a dinner plate. I guess I am going to have to put a plate beside it so that you can see the size. There are some smaller leaves below in the photo so it may help you size it. It has all came from the same one small plant that I left there. It is the only green I usually can keep all summer long. I had a friend who went to Hawaii and she told me this is how it grows there but she never thought it would grow like that here.







My flowers are blooming again so I wanted you to see some of the ones in my yard. They won't be here much longer as it is starting to get so hot for the season, that they will just cook. There are several.




















In closing tonight, no this picture is not upside down. I saw the bottle brush tree reflection in our pool and thought it looked so beautiful that I wanted to share it. Just a little strange photo to close with. Thank each of you for stopping by Country Wings in Phoenix. I hope you have enjoyed your tour of my little piece of heaven in the desert that I call home. Please stop by again, and feel free to sign up as a follower, and I will do the same. I love to visit each of your homes. Happy Friday. "Country Hugs", Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment