Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bargains For This Week

OMG Blogger Friends. Wait till you see the bargains I found today, just in time for my "Bargains for the Week". I just could not believe my GREAT finds. Now those of you that have been following me, know I love a bargain, and I can smell it a mile away. Today My Little Strawberry Fairy is going to help with the tour. (I put her in here especially for you, my friend, Lady Penniwig) Isn't she precious?











After work today, I made a stop by my local Fry's Grocery. (Love that store! It has the best of everything. Groceries, household, kitchen, you know a little bit of everything.) Well here goes:











These bowls were on a display. They have plates, bowls, cups everything in the set. It was set up in a corner, and ofcourse I loved the pattern, saw a sale sign so had to pick it up and look at it. It made me think of Sister Sally from the Dick and Jane books. Has the country star and even says "Fun, Fun, Fun."



































Here is a look at the other side. Just as beautiful as this side. Isn't is just precious? How many times have we heard this phrase: "Are we there yet?" And it also says, "Fresh Strawberry Shortcake". Yum! Yum! Yum!


















And now the best part: Well when I turned it over and looked at it, I looked and looked again. Yes, it was clearly marked $0.99. That's right 99 cents. It is very heavy and I just couldn't believe that it was only 99 cents, but I figured well it said sale. At that price I picked up two of them. Well the manufacturer had mismarked it. It was $14.99 on sale for $9.99. I paid: "Yep, that's right 0.99 cents per bowl". I am so thrilled. They are going to be perfect for 4th of July. I am going to put potatoe salad in one of them, and any ideas for the second one??


























Now the next bargain was also from Fry's. No, not another 99 cent sale but still a bargain. I love red, white and blue items, and when I saw this I had to have the set. Take a look ladies. A set of mixing bowls. This is the way they were tied. (Like the ones we bought at Christmas Debbie.) The large bowl says America the Beautiful. Now below I untied them so you could see the whole set. Now isn't that just the most precious set ever? It was a clearance sale for $5.99.























Now in closing tonight I have to share another bit of good luck. Every week I buy Lottery tickets and give them to Tony to check. He cashed in our lottery tickets today and we won $50.00. Just enough to send me back out for more bargains for next week. Here is my share.














Thanks so much for stopping by and spending a little time with me for my weekly bargains. I just love to shop, but the thrill is to find the BEST bargain out there. I hope you have had fun. Please stop by Country Wings in Phoenix any time, and please add yourself to my followers so that I can follow your BLOGs also. Have a beautiful day. "Country Hugs" from Country Wings in Phoenix, Love Ya, Sherry














No comments:

Post a Comment