Friday, June 26, 2009

My Gardens Are In The Pink

Thank you Beverly for allowing me to participate in your Pink Saturday! What fun, I mean who doesn't like Pink?








PLEASE VISIT OUR LOVELY HOSTESS, BEVERLY, AT: http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/

This was my Friday off today, and I spent about 6 1/2 hours in my gardens today getting them Summerized. (Hum, not sure if that is a word or not, but I did get them summerized.) So into the gardens we go with the color of the day "Pink", or I could say my gardens are "In the Pink", now that they are summerized. Thank you all for joining me. I love it when you stop by. Please sign up as a Follower and I will do the same.






Where you are Planted!!







I love the pink Flamingo, the pink flowers. The light pink and the fuschia. I am not good at names for flowers. I just buy and plant what I like. So ladies they are pretty and they are pink. I took a close up of the light pink flowers in the pic below. They are almost like little buttercups. They are just beautiful I think. I am enjoying the flowers as I know with the heat my time with flowers in the garden, is probably short lived. I try but when the 100+ days start coming it seems to bake everything to well done.










I also planted some of the little pink flowers in my big frog planter by the pool area. It also has some blue salvia in it. I love the salvia. It does seem to be one thing that I can get to stand the high temperatures out here.














I wanted to show you a picture of my swedish ivy, arrowhead plant and I also have a little boston fern in the back. I know you can't read it, but the little plaque says, "Mom's Garden". I just love little things that you can put into your plants.









Here is a another pic of my plants "In The Pink", as they are so happy. My precious sister, Debbie at "There's An Angel On My Frontporch" and her DH bought this 4 prong plant holder for me, and had it as a surprise when I came home a couple of years ago. I love it as it brought a garden to the back part of my yard. It just needed color. I think of them both every time I look in the corner of the yard. My DH does too, every time he backs into one of the plants and knocks his head on them.








I would like to take you to another corner in my back yard area. This is my little reading bench. I noticed today in summerizing that my cushions had faded, and didn't look to perky. I really wanted to buy new cushions but couldn't find any that looked pretty and weren't pricey. I came upon an idea. I bought 2 pillowcases at the local Thrift store for 99 cents each, and slipped my little cushions into the pillowcases, folded them in half, this way I can wash them as needed, and yes Beverly they too, are "In the Pink" and look at what I have now:












I thought they looked really nice for a fraction of the cost. Next time you go to the local thrift store or a yard sale, keep this in mind. I was thinking that even flannel would be nice for outdoors. Nice and warm on a breezy night if you live near a lake or ocean. I actually think you could make it work for cushions that serve the back area too. Now this little bench of mine is connected. Below is a pic of the finished product. I was so pleased.










And my Dear Lady Winnipeg, I took a close up view of the little cherub so that you could see the detail. She too, has hues of pink. I just love her sitting on the bench.






Now when I sit down on the bench and look up this is what I see. It is so peaceful. This is my little piece of heaven in my backyard oasis.





Thank you for taking the time to spend Pink Saturday with me. Some of my flowers and garden area are "pink" and some are "In the Pink". Please stop by any time and Post a "hello". I love to hear from my Blogger friends. Thank you Beverly for allowing us to Post these wonderful Pink Saturdays. This is my second Pink Saturday, and I just absolutely love them. "Country Hugs" from Country Wings in Phoenix, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment