Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Runaway Train...

This week has been thrown off completely...and I'm trying my best to catch the train but it's barreling down the tracks without me! Eek! Monday I took the day off to recover from Ranger U, Tuesday we had crazy storms and power outages, here it is Wednesday and I've got to get x-rays on my foot this afternoon so that's half of my day and I've got an overnight at QVC on Friday so I'll have to catch up on my sleep during the day. Good...grief...I need more hands!

Above is a simple design I created using absolutely yummy beads and chain from the folks at Auntie's Beads. I love these warm, autumnal colors. If I'm not sporting technicolor, I'm definitely at home in these shades.


I'm going to do a variation on this idea with the other beads they sent...totally different scale and design feel as you can see, but I'll do a similar asymmetrical approach with the beads on one side and the chains on the other. I'm not sure the scale of this pendant will work...so there will be some problem solving on that front. If it doesn't work here...I'll find another home for it!

I try to let the beads guide me. I hunt and gather and bring them back to the studio and eventually they tell me how they want to be combined. Just call me The Bead Whisperer.

Okay please don't...that's just weird.


I'll be back as soon as I catch that train...until then...craft on with your bad selves.

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment