Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Social Networking Fatigue Syndrome


The Incomparable Lily Tomlin as Ernestine

Is it just me, or after a while does social networking start to feel like a huge, annoying chore? I used to get emails from friends, now I get messages, tweets, virtual cocktails, meaningless quiz requests, meaningless quiz results and TMI wall posts. I spend far too much time accepting or denying friends and followers, answering random messages, approving comments, deleting application requests, Tweeting and posting and blathering on and on about the most minute and inane details of my day to day life...ugh. Does anybody really care, and if they do...why?! I'm not here for the virtual cocktails...I'm here for the Fine Art of Shameless Self Promotion. If ya wanna chat, shoot me an email. If ya wanna get me a drinky, give me a real one, please! I love you...truly...but I absolutely do not give a flying you know what through a rolling donut what your five favorite breakfast cereals are.

I think I've developed Social Networking Fatigue Syndrome.

"I grow weary of the Interwebs." She says in her best Scarlett O'Hara voice bringing the back of her hand up to her forehead and making a rather largish sigh.

I need a Social Networking Assistant. Someone efficient, charming and ruthless. One day when I grow up I’ll be a big time Lifestyle Expert, NYT Best Selling Author, TV Host and International Celebrity with a horde of assistants and people who get paid to tell me I’m cute and smart. People who will laugh really loudly at my lame jokes and make my hair look good every day.

Someone will carry my umbrella when it rains and lug my bags through the airport...someone will clean my house, landscape my yard, care for my animals and cook gourmet meals...whip my flabby arse into shape and keep my face from falling...someone will organize my paperwork and keep my studio together...

Ah...it’s nice to dream...and no I can’t hire you so don’t Facebook message me about it. I can barely pay myself!

Until tomorrow...craft on with your bad selves!

Cheers,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment