Thursday, June 25, 2009

DreamScape

Last night I had a long and winding dream that culminated in stumbling upon a lovely outdoor stall filled with handcrafted metal and gemstone jewelry from an artist I admired (in the dream.) Her jewelry was draped over layers of velvets, silks and lace. I had been saving my money to purchase one of the pieces for my collection and was excited to finally make my selection.

I looked further into the booth to see an ethereally beautiful woman with aqua blue and powder white shiny straight hair. She was dressed in diaphanous layers of sheer blue and white organza. She approached me and began showing me things entirely unrelated to jewelry. First she rummaged through a stack of thin folded leather pouches and unfolded one to reveal a wooden wand. She explained that it belonged to a Native American Goddess and was very rare and magical. Then she talked about the socially restrictive nature of the tribe from which this came and I decided rather quickly this item wasn't for me.

We moved to another section of her stall and she began taking out colorful wigs and outrageous costumes. I thought them all delightful, but I explained that I already had plenty of these items and was there to purchase one of her lovely jewelry designs as I was a fan of her work.

She smiled, nodded and walked away leaving me to peruse her wares.

What did this dream mean? I can't say. Dreams are where our minds process our emotions and experiences. I've been going through a lot of changes lately professionally, big and small things ebbing and flowing for me. Perhaps I'm feeling a need to let go of magical thinking and wearing masks. I believe that we make our own magic and it's within us to do so. Maybe this dream was there to remind me to trust my instincts and keep moving my energy outward and not to be distracted by illusions.

Perhaps.

Or perhaps the colors I used in a design I did yesterday inspired me to dream in soft aquamarines and smoky greys and powder whites...one never knows does one?

xoxo,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment