Monday, June 22, 2009

Bursting With Excitement

As some of you know I work for a GOV National Training Center here in Phoenix, Arizona. Every summer for the last several years we have had a special visitor. Every year I have sat and watched her, and this year she came back again, and is actually letting me get close enough for pictures. Look at what I am keeping my eye on.







Ms. Hummer














Now last year she had two babies. The eggs were so small they looked like little specs. (Last year she built her nest up high and I watched from the balcony above). This year she got brave and has actually built her nest right where we walk back and forth into our lunchroom area. I was so tickled to see her building again. She did not use the same nest as last year. I am sure it is the same Hummingbird as she stays around all of our blooms. Now you all know how small a hummingbird is, well you can see she fills her little nest, and then if she has two babies, it doesn't take her long to toss them out of the nest. There isn't a lot of room for all to live there. It's about the size of a golf ball. So tightly packed. I do not know how she did it with the long beak. It is truly amazing, and I will be watching for the babies. I will keep everyone updated. I don't have as good of a view as last year tho, I am only 5ft 2" so I can't see in the nest, and you can't see her nest from the balcony above. I am so happy and thrilled she trusted me enough to take her picture in her nest and didn't fly away.







This picture the sun hadn't quite came up enough, but you can still see her shadow. Look closely!



And to close my BLOG today. I am posting a picture of my little Isabel. She got a haircut that she is just dying for Aunt Debbie and Amy Dawn to see. Here you go guys. Isn't she just precious?


Thank you all for stopping by and visiting my BLOG today. My apologies for being so late in posting, but I work Monday-Friday 12 hour days, and I didn't get r done till just now. "Country Hugs" from Country Wings in Phoenix, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment