Monday, June 8, 2009

Ranger U


I spent the past three days at Ranger University. I'm now officially a fully certified Ranger Instructor. It was three information packed days of techniques and products taught by crafty rock stars Tim Holtz, Suze Weinberg and Claudine Hellmuth. We learned, we played, we explored, we questioned...and in true Madge fashion I made a ton of glorious messes. We made manilla tags as we went along of many of the techniques for reference later. A lot of folks made pretty tags, embellishing each one perfectly into a miniature work of art...but every technique made me wonder...what if I did this...or that...or added this? Therefore I have a bunch of pretty ugly tags...but a brain full of great ideas. Since I don't have to hang my tags up a store, it's okay! I took a ton of pictures...which I'd love to share...but I left my camera there. Oops. I promise to share later...scout's honor!

Ranger U is a three day 9-6 intensive overview of the Ranger product line. You leave with product and with ideas and fully certified. You learn synergistic techniques that integrate a variety of products you can apply to your specific disciplines. It's an amazing experience! You can go here to read more and to apply.

I was completely exhausted at the end of every day. It was so much information to process and I literally collapsed in my hotel room after dinner at around 9 each night. I'm still exhausted today, but there are a lot of ideas percolating in my brain. I wish they sold everything in gallon sizes, because I'd like to distress my furniture and my walls! I want to crackle and ink my supply drawers, emboss and paint my new TV stand...color wash my curtains...I'd distress the whole house if I could! I'm sad my new book isn't mixed media focused, because I've got some great ideas for making beads and jewelry. The bonus for you is that I'll be sharing them here and in my videos. I find it hard to concentrate on stringing beads these days when there are crafty potions to be brewed and new mixed media techniques to discover.

Thank you so much to all of the wonderful folks at Ranger for inviting me back. Thanks to Tim, Suze and Claudine for the creative inspiration. Big thanks to Patti and Mario for all of your hard work supporting the classes. Thanks to Robin Beam for introducing me to the wonders of Ranger products. It's kinda like Willy Wonka with crafty products instead of candy...which is like all the best stuff wrapped up in one glorious three day weekend!

Until tomorrow...craft on with your bad selves!

xoxo,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment