Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A New Day

Image from WikiMedia Commons by Peter

Today is a new day and I’m going to focus on possibilities and positivities. (Yes, I know that isn't a word, but it works!) I'm working on more book projects...and the great news is that I’m almost there. I’m waiting on some materials to arrive this week so I can finish. I’m really looking forward to playing with some new toys! Yay!

We bought two guinea pigs this past weekend. They do better in pairs or small groups because they’re herd animals. We named them Finn E. Pig and Truffles. So far they’re still getting used to us, but slowly warming up. We’ve been hand feeding them carrots while talking softly to them. We had guinea pigs when I was a kid and I really loved them. They are truly endearing little creatures.

Yes, it’s true, fifteen chickens, two pot bellied pigs and a cairn terrier weren’t enough pets, so we had to get two guinea pigs. The menagerie grows on!

I have a big phone meeting this afternoon and I’m hoping it goes well. I’ve been trying to get the right combination of idea and opportunity to coalesce in this format for a while. It’s a lot of hurry up and wait and a lot of almost...but not quite. This is where you have to persevere. I think a good portion of ‘failure’ comes from giving up too soon. It’s easy to get discouraged or to feel inferior when people dismiss us. No matter how good you are, you can’t be everyone’s cup of tea. Try not to take it personally, chances are if you keep plugging away at it, you’ll find someone that likes your flavor!

I’m going to have a free project for you tomorrow. It’s a fun and easy mixed media design and I think you’ll enjoy it.

Until then...craft on with your bad self. Or as Finn E. Pig and Truffles would say, “Squeep, squeep.”

Cheers,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment