Tuesday, June 16, 2009

NYC Bead Buy!

Some of the new stash!
My Personal Assistants Avalon and "Penguiy" sort and tray the new beads!
Vintage goodies.


Howdy Campers!

We had a great day in NYC yesterday, but somehow we managed to get a rather late start. When we arrived at our first bead buy location I realized we had about 40 minutes before we had to go meet a friend for lunch in Greenwich. Oops. So I shopped fast and with an unrelenting sense of purpose. I needed smaller beads, more gemstones, a variety of colors and lots of new and different. I also needed chain...lots of chain...at good prices. I was able to score some great discounts, which helped immensely. I still managed to spend a small fortune and I have a few more things yet to buy...egads!

I'm planning on getting some nice focals from art bead makers. So far I've got a pretty good stash rounded up and my lovely daughter is traying it all this morning. I hit a regular haunt for some chunky vintage plastic I'll use for my over the top pieces I wear and will also hopefully start selling here soon. Yup, I've been amassing vintage goodies and I plan to share my stash in the near future! Stay tuned.

We met a friend for lunch at had an AMAZING meal at a place in Chelsea called Vynl that I HIGHLY recommend if you're in NYC. The head chef is a past Iron Chef winner and he takes diner fare to a whole new level. Our friend took us down the road for delicious cupcakes at Billy's Bakery. I was stuffed to the gills, but what a treat! Thankfully I did a crap load of walking yesterday so I've rationalized that I worked off the calories. Sure, sure ya did Madge.

And no, I can't share all of my NYC sources...but if you come along next year on my Beads and the City trip, you'll learn them all. I'll keep you posted on the details as they get firmed up!

I'm off to work on the new book! Until next time...craft on with your bad selves!

Cheers,
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment