Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Smiths Take On The Zoo!

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday! Thank you Susan for being a lovely Hostess, and allowing me to share my Outdoor "Country Wings" with you and all of the Outdoor Wednesday Bloggers. Please stop by and visit Susan at http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com












Today My family and I are taking you all to the Phoenix Zoo. We had such a wonderful time I thought it would be fun to share. Hop aboard the train and we'll see what's out there today.





















First stop on this trip is to see Charlie, the giraffe. Destiny and I have been watching Charlie for about 7 years now. She always followed Destiny along the fence line, like she was saying, "Boy are you short." Today however, no time for chit chat, it is feeding time for Charlie and all the other giraffes. I don't know about you gals, but I sure wish I could reach things that high, I don't know how many times I have had to drag out a stool to get something down. Just doesn't pay to be a short gal.

























Now as we go around the corner, it's Lions and Tigers and Bears "Oh My." However it is a beautiful Tiger. She was pacing today. I believe she wanted her dinner. We didn't want to stop long. Didn't want her to get any ideas about what dinner was today. "Oh My!"


































And on the flip side of the Tiger, is a beautiful Lioness, and she too was enjoying the afternoon sun here in Phoenix. Just enough of a little wind to make it tolerable. She didn't seem to mind all of the hollering and growling from the little ones. She didn't even so much as lift her head.
Oh bother!!!

















Now heading on down the hill I think we have an elephant to observe. She was taking a dirt bath today. The boys were trying to figure a way to sneak in and join her. They thought it would be great fun to throw dirt for a reason. She certainly seemed to have a reason, as she was getting away with it. I said it was because she was big enough to get away with it. Who was going to question her? Who was going to make her stop?


















And ofcourse what kind of trip to the zoo would it be without a visit to see the monkeys? They always seem to be so curious about us? We laugh at them, and I always wonder what they think when they see us up there standing watching them. "Hummm, what a waste of time. I could've had a V-8 by now."





















Now this guy was looking around for something to come by for dinner. Anyone? Anyone? I think it's getting close to his dinner time. We wanted to share with you tho, as he was so beautiful.





















Hey Guys! Get a load of the Big Beak. He thinks we are going to be his Sunday dinner. "NOTTTT!!!"







Sorry Folks, the train is making it's last stop. "All Smiths Out." This concludes our trip for today aboard the train with us at our local zoo. I hope you have enjoyed your time with my family, and I thank you for stopping by Country Wings in Phoenix. Please stop back by again soon,
"Country Hugs", Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment