Thursday, November 12, 2009

Friday The 13th - Are You Superstitious?


Photobucket




Friday the 13th occurs when the thirteenth day of a month falls on Friday, which superstition holds to be a day of good or bad luck.


Friday the 13th is unlucky for some. The risk of hospital admission as a result of a transport accident may be increased by as much as 52 percent. Staying at home is recommended.

Photobucket

Did you know:


More than 80 percent of high-rises lack a 13th floor.


Many airports skip the 13th gate.


Airplanes have no 13th aisle.


Hospitals and hotels regularly have no room number 13.


Italians omit the number 13 from their national lottery.


On streets in Florence, Italy, the house between number 12 and 14 is addressed as 12 and a half.



Many cities do not have a 13th Street or a 13th Avenue.


Photobucket

I have always been superstitious of black cats. If I am driving, and a black cat passes in front of my car, yep, you guessed it, I will stop the car, turn around and go the other way. When Tony and I were engaged we were out looking for a house to buy. I had gotten off of work and he was following me to my parents house, so that we could leave my car there, and go to look at a house. I suddenly slammed on the breaks and turned into a driveway.

Now it just so happened that this particular driveway had a very overgrown yard and house that was falling down, that just happened to be For Sale. Tony of course thought I had lost my mind. He thought I was pulling in to look at the house and property that was For Sale. I was just pulling in to turn around and go the other direction. Thus my dear Tony found out, that his fiance was very superstitious. To this day, he still talks about it, and to this day, yep you guessed it. If a black cat walks out in front of this gal, she is making a "U"ey and going the other direction. Doesn't hurt to be cautious right?

Photobucket

So, I am curious are you superstitious? If so, I would love to know what your superstitions are. If you have any stories, write about them, I can't wait to hear.

As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment