Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Snowflakes are Angel Kisses



Today I am thankful for snowflakes. As a little girl I can remember waiting and waiting for that first snow of the season. It would finally come, and we would throw on our coats, mittens, hats and golashes (yes golashes) and head out the door to catch those first little snowflakes that would fall from the skies.



Moma always said they were angel kisses, sent down from the heavens. I remember trying to catch as many as I could. Sadly no matter what I caught them in, they would disappear as quickly as I could catch them. I tried a box, my mitten, my coat, but they would disappear. Where were they going? Why couldn't I catch one?


Moma said, "Sherry catch them on your tongue, swallow, and they will go straight to your heart, where they will be forever and ever. Then when you need one, you just reach deep inside, and pull out a kiss from your very special angel."



I remember trying to stay outside as long as I could, and would try to build them up, as naturally I wanted to receive as many angel kisses as I could. Who knew when it would snow again. When my little hands were so cold I couldn't bend them, and my legs were so cold I couldn't walk anymore, I would take myself inside to thaw out.

Moma would say, "Sherry, how many did you catch today?" I would say, "enough to last till next year Moma." Every snow fall I would go through the same ritual. It was so much fun.


Sadly now, everytime I hear of snow falling somewhere in our beautiful world, I think of those angel kisses and I do miss them. I live in the Arizona desert, so I haven't had angel kisses in almost 25 years. Thanks for the memory Moma. I'm reaching in my stash. I love you. Angel Kisses right back at you.


As always thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert, that I so love to call home. Country hugs and angel kisses, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment