Monday, November 2, 2009

TRIPURARI POORNIMA


A night of illumination!

2nd,November,2009
Monday

Dear Friends,
Good Evening!
Today is Tripurari Poornima.it is celebrated on a full moon night of Karthik month and showcased traditional performances which began with the procession of Lord Krishna.this was followed by classical dance programme,sailing of lamps in the currents of river,a musical concert by vocalist Ravindra Sathe,a planquin procession of Lord Vithal Rukmini,burning off demon Tripurasur and releasing of balloon lamps in
the sky.dazzling fireworks took place and boat sailing competition was held.miniature replicas of ships are painstakingly crafted by traditional artistic hands,designed from cardboard,thermocoal and colourfully painted.the state government gives prizes to encourage this art.
The festival of Tripurari Poornima itself is a part of a legend.It is said that Lord Shiva burnt down three fortresses[Puras] of demon Tripurar and set free the Gods and humans held captive.The Gods celebrated this event by
lighting lamps.
the festival is also called 'Deva Diwali'.at Vithalpur in Sanquelim there is a tradition of celebrating 'Deeparadhana' on this day.the Vithala Temple is illuminated with lamps and palanquin procession of Lord Vithala winds its way to the river.
visitors from all over the state and tourists from India and abroad visit the festival in hundreds.The Tripurari Poornima is celebrated as the state festival every year.

''Always be Happy, always wear a smile;
Not because life is full of reasons to smile

but because your smile itself is a reason
for many others to smile..………
''
Today is All Souls Day!A day to remember our dearest people who reached GOD earlier than us.though the loss is unbearable,the healing touch of time helps us come to terms with the loss.many happy lives are shattered at the untimely and early parting away of our beloved ones.
Friends, I will be taking a kutti break from my blog as I am leaving for banglore,on 4th November on an official trip.away from all of you,keeping my mouth shut,not sharing the daily happenings i will be restless.:)hey,don't you feel the same?
4th Nov is my Achan's date of birth and 5th November, my Amma's.but we celebrate star birthdays;not the dates.7th is my orientation course from morning to evening and 8th is the exam.It's high time to be serious about my studies.:)
I will be missing all of you,and will be back with a bang.:)
On account of GURU NANAK JAYANTHI,we had a holiday today!
it's anu signing off...............
It's a beautiful full moon night.i want to forget my official pressures and immerse in the natural beauty,sharing my feelings with you.:)
thanking you for giving me reasons to smile,making me feel your love,requesting you to remember me in your prayers,repeating my words of love for you, eager to join you at the earliest,
sasneham, Anu

No comments:

Post a Comment