Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Tribute To The Veterans In My Life And All Veterans


Today I am grateful to our nation's military service members, both active duty and veterans, for their dedication, courage, accomplishments and sacrifices to protect our everyday freedoms. Let freedom ring...

I wanted to list the Veterans, in my immediate family, who have served our country:

Corporal Theodore Phillip Rogers Sr. - Daddy

United States Army - 3 years

Then Daddy joined the Air Force


Airman 1st Class Theodore Phillip Rogers Sr.

United States Air Force - 4 years




Chief Petty Officer Aloysius William Smith - FIL

United States Navy "Sea Bee's" - 4 years

Served in World War II



Sgt. Anthony E. Smith I - Husband

United States Marine Corp - 2 years

Served in the Vietnam War




Sgt. Anthony E. Smith II - Son
United States Army - 4 years



Sgt. Ryan Christopher Abate - SIL


United States Army - 4 years - Served in the Iraq War





This Eagle continues to fly for our freedom, and these Veterans in my life have helped make that possible. Thank you! I am so proud, and love you with all of my heart and soul. You make me proud to be an American.



Thank you for the sacrifices that you made, and for being among the brave and the mighty, that have helped watch over our country as our children have played during the day, and as we have closed our eyes and slept at night. I salute you!



Happy Veteran's Day!


As always, thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven, here in the desert that I so love to call home. Country hugs and love, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment