Monday, November 16, 2009

I Schmoozed with Suze!

Kecia Frazee Deveney, Suze Weinberg and Me!
Sally Lynn McDonald was a delight as were all of my wonderful students! That necklace she was wearing was amazing!
Look! We're having fun in Madge's Class! The lovely lady in Black and White is Sallianne McClelland of Art is You Retreat, I loved her Victorian take on the concept!

Yesterday Drew and I drove to Tinton Falls, New Jersey for my class at Suze Weinberg's studio. Suze is an amazing woman with an endless reserve of energy and creativity. I think she's the bee's knees!

I realized after arrival that the medium I'd planned to use to stabilize the magazine images was not going to cut with the punches I brought, so there was a last minute quick trip to the craft store. Oh and being the amazingly anal retentive and organized person I am, I also forgot to pack the clasps. Doh. This is why it's best to make up kits, which I usually do but last week got away from me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Yet another example of why I need a personal assistant or team of magical helpers...who are willing to work for glitter and beads! Luckily the students were fine with cutting the shapes with scissors and I was able to pick up clasps, so all's well that ends well. Everyone had a great time and they all personalized their designs, which made me really happy. I love to see people take an idea and make it their own.

It was a lot of driving and I was feeling a little under the weather...today I'm not 100%...and MY ARM still hurts from the incident with the grumpy phlebotomist. What the h-e-double hockey sticks did she do to me?! My gut reaction is to go toss a rubber biscuit at her head, but my mature side feels a formal complaint is a better pathway to resolution. Though the rubber biscuit would be far more satisfying.

I'll be here tomorrow with a new free Teen Craft project for iLoveToCreate and then I'm off to New Mexico to shoot my PBS segments. Until next time...craft on with your bad selves!

xoxo
Madge

No comments:

Post a Comment