Monday, December 6, 2010

Angels, Snowmen, What Beauty...Oh My








Country Wings is beginning to
look a little like Christmas.


I managed to put up the

garland on the mantel, and

add a strand of lights. I keep

the two lights on either side of

the mirror on all the time. We

have no windows in the front room,

so I love the warm hints of color

that it gives the mantel and the 

brick wall.








You can't see the complete length

of the living room tree, but I wanted to

share it anyway. It has gold, bronze

and copper colors. I also added 

pheasant feathers, butterflies, large

brown poinsettias, even gold and

bronze eucalyptus spread throughout.

If you look close to the left, you will

see a wreath peering through. That is

another story for tomorrow. You will

have to pop back by for the complete

story. I am telling you though, it will

make you cry.








Oh my, just look at this little snowman,

carrot nose, snowflake buttons, and twig 

legs. Just look at the detail. Brenda @

The Rusty Thimble has the most wonderful

Etsy shoppe you could ever hope to visit.

She has something for everyone, in every

prize range imaginable. I have so much fun

peering through the windows to see what

she has created each week. Keep walking

with me now. On the right of the clock, you

see a precious stocking, it is filled with a candy

cane surprise, sprigs of evergreen and rusted

bells for decoration. Oh Brenda, I love this 

little stocking of love. What talents you have.








Oh gals, lookie here. My beautiful angel made

from a quilt. She is stained and smells of cinnamon

and goodness. I love her wings. Look at her little

lace collar and buttons. Holding her wreath and 

her little cone filled with sprigs. She is so beautiful.

Yes another one of Brenda's creations. She will

remain under the tree where I can keep my eyes

on her, and she can keep her eyes on the front door.

She spreads love to all who enter and exit our home.








And would you look at this little guy. This snowman is

stuffed with goodness and he resides on an old bed

spring. I love his twig nose, his snowflake starred

eyes and his little scarf. He has been given the name

FROSTY.  Oh look at his little top hat. Love, Love,

Love him.  (The pictures just don't do him justice.)

He is so gorgeous, and love the smile Frosty.








On the flip side of the tree, look who is hiding

over here. It is Frosty's brother, Frank. He has

a little striped jacket and scarf around his neck.

(I mean a guy can only stand so much cold.)

He has a set of bells on the lapel of his coat.

His top hat is so cute. Adorned with a bow 

and a bell as well. Does he not say "Happy?"







Now look at this little gal.

She is an ornament, and yes

I had to have one, and bought

one for Momma as well. I love

her carrot nose. Now that you

all have seen Brenda's beautiful

work, you must pop right on 

over and sign up for this giveaway.

She is giving:

 Not one,

Not two,

BUT THREE
of these precious


little snow ornies.

So hurry right on over.

The deadline for this giveaway

is December 9th. Tell Brenda

that Country Wings sent you.

I tell you gals, you are gonna

love her if you haven't met her.







As always, thank you for stopping by,

my little piece of heaven,

here in the desert,

that I so love to call home.

Many hugs and SO much love,













post signature


















No comments:

Post a Comment