Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Best Friends By Heart, Sisters By Soul...








And to think it all started with this:








Yes, a simple cigar box. We both

signed up for a swap. I was partnered

with a beautiful lady named Sue.

Her blog: I Need Mom.








I made her this. She loves the ocean.

A playful mermaid to remind her to 

always have fun, and play. A key to

hold all the memories inside tight. And

when you open the box, you find this.








Her sweet Momma and Daddy on their wedding day.
I had remembered a post that Sue had posted.


Her Momma graduated to heaven this year, and
she was 
so sad.  The family found some pictures
that nobody 
knew existed.  When Sue posted
them, I snagged those photos and added


them inside of the box, so she would have those

memories forever.







And just look at their faces in this one. I wanted

to capture that happiness for Sue. She cried tears

of happiness and called so many friends to tell 

them about her box of love, including her Daddy.








When we meet friends on our blogs,

We become special friends for life. 

We are held together by tears of joy,

laughter, new home decor and designs,

loved ones graduating to heaven, and births

of our families. We share holidays together.







Sue wanted to give me that tear of joy surprise.

Look at what came in the mail for me. Oh my gosh.

I cried tears of joy. It is SO beautiful.







It's so large I really had a hard time capturing

all of its beauty at one time. Look at the gold

and silver in the ribbons and do you see over

on the right? Yes, a butterfly for my beautiful

niece, Amy, who graduated to heaven a year

ago. She loved butterflies and Sue wanted me

to have that special feeling that she felt when

she found her Momma and Daddy in the box.

She gave me a piece of Amy for Christmas. Oh

Sue, I thank you so much for the joy you brought

to my heart. How beautiful this gift of love is.








And look at the bottom. She added pine cones,

twigs and filler. So gorgeous. I may leave it up

year round. I hung it to the side of my Christmas

tree in the front room. I wanted everyone to be

able to see it. Sue you have brought joy to the

front room and I thank you from the very bottom

of my heart. Hugs, hugs, hugs to you sweetie.







Yes, Sue and I have decided that Sisters are

for sharing laughter and wiping tears.

Thank you for both of these gifts sweet Sue.

Brought together by a simple box,
given love by each of our hearts.


Forever sisters, we will be.





You are each a gift to my heart,

A friend to the spirit,

And a golden thread to 

the meaning of life. Together

we are a complete spool.




As always, thank you for stopping by,

my little piece of heaven,

here in the desert,

that I so love to call home.

Country hugs and SO much love,


post signature












No comments:

Post a Comment