Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dear Santa...






Johnny and his little pooch, Dolly,

sat on the front steps of the house
waiting for the mailman to stop by.


Johnny had written his letter to Santa,

and he wanted to hand it to the mailman

himself. This was important business.

Johnny wrote:







Dear Santa:








I know she's pretty and all,

but no kissing Momma this year.

When I told Dad last year, he

wasn't real happy. And Santa

he played football in high school,

and he's kind of big, so don't cross

him. I am only telling you for your

own good. (Momma always says that.
Johnny it's for your own good.)




Now Santa, my Big Brother, Billy,

he's in a far away place protecting

our country. That's what my folks

say. I wrote and told him I knew the

BIG guy and I would make sure that

you stop by there and drop off some

presents to him and all the others. So

please go by there first. I know you will

know the address.






And Santa, it's been kinda cold around

here, so could you leave some little treats for

the deer, rabbits, foxes, and the wolf that

I see running through the property all the time?

I am not sure what they eat, but I know you do.






I know you're awful busy Santa,

But don't forget to stop by the church

and bless the Baby Jesus in the Manger.

He, Mary and Joseph are in the manger,

cuz there's no room in the inn.

Pastor told us that last Sunday. I 

thought I had better share with you.

Us guys gotta stick together.






Santa Me and Dolly are waiting.

We've been waiting all year. Now

Dolly needs a bone or two. (Oh Santa

Dolly is the little dog you left me last

year, in case ya didn't know. That is

what I named her. She's been good.
Only chewed up 2 pair of Dad's slippers.)










And Santa for me. I could use a new Teddy.

Oh I forgot about that. Dolly got hold of the

one you left last year. But Santa, she didn't

know any better. She was just a pup.






I'll be keeping one ear open Santa.

I love to hear you say,

"Merry Christmas to all,

And to all a good night."Oh and love to Rudolph.
Sorry 
Blitzen he's still my favorite.

Love, Johnny and Dolly.















As always,

thank you for stopping by,

my little piece of heaven,

here in the desert,

that I so love to call home.

Many hugs and much love,


post signature

















No comments:

Post a Comment