Monday, July 20, 2009

Calling All Angels



Calling All Angels


















Most of you know my precious niece Amy Dawn Ragan.
You also know my precious sister, Debbie Ragan @
There's An Angel On My Front Porch.









I took this picture several summers ago when I went home for a visit. These were happier times, cancer free times.












Since Amy was diagnosed with squamous cell cancer, Debbie has stood by this verse the whole time as Amy has struggled. "For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)














I am calling all angels, the crafters, the writers, the musicians, the runners, the walkers, the sewers, the painters, each and every one of you bloggers who are sisters to us. We need your prayers. Amy is undergoing a test in the morning, Tuesday at 7 am Oklahoma time. This test is performed just like an arteriogram but a balloon is placed in the carotid artery on the left side to block it. They need to know that the right carotid artery can do the work of both carotids. If it cannot, Amy will begin to show signs of having a stroke. If this happens, Dr. Medina will not ever do the surgery. The surgery Amy is to have is called a radical neck dissection .... in this surgery, they have to take the carotid artery because of the cancer cells....even if they were just to scrape the carotid clean, they cannot be sure, ever, that cancer cells were not left behind, to start growing again when only 19% of people diagnosed with squamous cell every live 2 years having the most radical procedures done to save their life.










Please, I am asking for each of you to take a few minutes of your morning and pray for Amy, the Dr's performing the test, Debbie, Richard and all of the family. Find a comfortable place on your knees for just a few minutes and remind God how important this family is to all of us. How important it is for Amy to be healed and know what it is like to live a cancer free life here on earth. Give her that chance Lord we just ask of you. Through you we know all things are possible. We are turning this over to you our precious Savior. In your name we pray, Amen.










I just want to take a minute and thank each of you for being our sisters in blogland. We visit each others homes every day, live our lives with each other and share our meals together. I know too, you are sharing this pain with Amy today as she prepares for this test. Thank each and every one of you for your prayers and your kindness that you have shown to Amy and Debbie. They appreciate it so much. I will be in touch with Debbie throughout this test, so feel free to blog me and I will keep everyone updated as much as I can. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Country Love and Hugs, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment