Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - Look Out Brookings Here We Come!!

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday!
Thank you Susan for being a lovely Hostess, and
allowing me to share my Outdoor "Country Wings"
with you and all of the Outdoor Wednesday Bloggers.
Please stop by and visit Susan at:


http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com









We had waited and waited and waited for the day to come.
I was so excited, I was up early waiting for the Super Shuttle
to come and pick us up. We are on our way to Brookings, OR.
We are staying at a Bed & Breakfast right on the ocean.
I hope all of our luggage is on the plane, we can't go back now.
Hold on girls, here we go!!!








At long last we are here. Made it to San Francisco anyway.
Now we have to go to Crescent City, CA. There we get our rental
and then
we drive to Brookings, OR. As luck would have it,
there is a problem with our plane, our flight is delayed.
3 hours later, we arrive in Crescent City, CA. get our car
rental and head out for Brookings, OR. Our journey is
about to begin.
I can hardly wait.






We have arrived, By The Sea B&B! Isn't that just precious?







This is the front of the house. Isn't it charming?







A close up of the door. All stain glass,
and it is so beautiful. I love the gingerbread trim.






Yes, they even have an old man by the sea.






This is the back of the house, which walks right down
to the ocean. The top balcony is off of the owners bedrooms.
We stayed in the angel room which was the middle room
on the lower balcony. There were sliding doors onto the balcony
and you could leave your doors open at night to let the waves
lul you to sleep. You could smell the sea air. It was
absolutely devine. I loved watching the fog roll in.







Here is one of the live star fishes on the rocks.
The tide would go out, and we would walk out there
and gather treasures. I was determined to take one of these home.









Yes Hunny Bunny plucked her right off the rock out of the sea,
just for little ole me! Isn't he handsome? Look at the beautiful
ocean behind him. The rocks are where the seals sunbathed every day.









Look at this little guy we found scurrying along the sand.
Just like Sebastian from: The Littlest Mermaid.








Isn't this breathtaking. We've explored all day.
Let's go out and get dinner! I'd say this is a steak night.










That's the sun setting behind us. I thought it was breath taking.
After dinner they have a room you can go to, and everyone
gets a free piece of fudge. Your choice of flavors. Now this
is my kind of treat. We're off to bed now. We have a reservation
for horse riding in the Oregon Rain Forest early in the morning.







We arrive at the horse farm. I am looking around as
they start to bring the horses out, as I can see they are
going to put me on the big horse. Big Lady gets the Big Horse.
Oh Lord please help me. How am I going to get on and
off this darn thing? Hunny Bunny are you sure about this??
I have never ridden before and I am starting to worry.






Oh and Ladies, yeah they put me on Ragin Cagin, as in raging.
Are you getting the picture here? Hunny Bunny he gets Dominique.
Good ole Cagin didn't like doing anything he was told, and kept
trying to get off the trail. Would just stop dead in his tracks
and not move at all. I got the worse one in the bunch.






Here we are on our horses. They stopped for pictures in the Forest. Now right after these pics were taken we were headed back to the Barn. This darn Ragin Cagin had not done one thing he was supposed to do. He was really making me angry. All at once he sees the barn, and he takes off galloping, with poor me on his back. I am hollering for help. All I can think about was the Farm people asking me if I wanted to rent a helmet in case of an accident, and ofcourse Hunny Bunny saying it would be okay it wasn't necessary, and this horse is running with me on his back. Luckliy the farm guy was able to chase him down and grab the reins. I am thinking girls let me off this darn horse I am so done with this experience. Not what I expected. My first and last horse ride I do believe. Hunny Bunny is still laughing his head off. We're off to dinner, and then off to Gold Beach tomorrow to take the Rogue River Mail Run.








This is a picture of the Gold Beach Bridge that you drive
across to get to the mail run.








Here are Hunny Bunny and I on the mail run boat ride. A couple in
front of us took the picture for our memory album.
Here we are on board
the Rogue River Mail Run. This was the original 64 mail run that
was made daily to the people on the river who otherwise would have
had no mail service. The water is very shallow and you fly down
the river between the sheer 400 foot Canyon Walls. You either
take your hat off, hold on to it, or lose it. Captain Jim
was our guide and man was he a hoot. Hootin Annie
you would have loved him. He was a 4th generation guide
for this river run, and he was so informative. It's a long day.






The scenery was just absolutely beautiful!








You get to stop along the way at your choice of (3) places to have lunch.
They boat pulls up along side the dock, lets you out, and comes back
later to pick you up for the return ride back. We were sunburned, hot, sticky
and tired. Time to go back to the B&B and hit that hottub.
It was calling our name tonight.





We found this great shot on our way out of the Gold Beach area.
I had to get a pic. It has been there for a very long time.







This was the last view we saw before we left for the airport.
I miss the sea, but I have to tell you, "There is no place like home."
I so hope you have enjoyed this vacation with us. We took many
other tours on this trip. I will show them another Outdoor Wednesday.
Hunny Bunny and I had the best time ever. It was the first
time in 32 years that we had been alone. No kids! No grandkids!
It was so heaven. Just Hunny Bunny, me, and the Ocean.
Thank you for stopping by today to spend a little bit of
time with me, in my little piece of heaven here in the desert
I so love to call home. Country Hugs and Love, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment