Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Just Like Joseph's Coat of Many Colors


Amy's Quilt of Many Colors










Today I sent out a request for prayers for Amy, my niece, and Debbie and our family. You all answered without question. We had prayers from the Netherlands, England, Canada, California, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas, Nevada, Washington, Idaho, New Jersey, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Maryland, Georgia, Florida, Ohio, Colorado, New York, Illinois, North Carolina to name just a few around the globe.








I wrote a poem to thank each and every one of you who shared yourselves in prayer today. It meant so much to Debbie and I to know that our sisters in blogland would give of themselves so freely. Amy, Debbie and the family are home this evening. They are all exhausted and Debbie is taking a much needed rest from blogging for a couple of days. I will keep you all posted. Amy did pass the test, as I tried so hard to pass on today. She will now wait for her appointment with the surgeon in Oklahoma City who will do the surgery she so desperately needs to beat this disease called cancer. We are going to win this fight. Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.

















We sewed all the prayers together;


Making a quilt for Amy Dawn.




We covered her so gently;


For her bed to lie upon.




We told God how much we loved her;


How she still had lots to see.




That she needed more time with us;


He just had to make it be.




We said Lord she's been a loving daughter;


She's done everything you've asked.




She hasn't questioned you once;


Just completed each & every task.




So we've come to ask you Father;


Help her pass this test today.




They're many of us asking you;


Can you hear our prayers we pray?




Our Heavenly Father answered swiftly;


Yes, I hear you all today.




I've heard every single one of you;


As you've knelt for Amy & prayed.




I believe you've heard my answer;


You know miracles they can be.




Given fully to you, my children;


If you only ask of me.






Again thank you all for you loving prayers and kindness. I love each and every one of you. As always thank you for stopping by my little piece of heaven here in the desert that I love to call home. Country Love and Hugs, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment