Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday TastyLinks™!


Well galdangy, it’s that time again! I don’t understand how it could possibly be Saturday already when I could swear it was just Monday. I’ve managed to finish the projects for my new book along with the instructions and all of the written material that I can complete prior to the shoot. There will be some small tweaks after my editor reviews things and then I’ll pack it up and ship it out. I can’t believe I did it a month ahead of deadline! I am the world’s biggest procrastinator. No seriously, I am. I’ve learned to fight that tendency by forcing myself to work ahead. It’s quite easy for my attention to be diverted by shiny things or deep thoughts about the meaning of life and why gum loses its flavor so quickly.

I have to assemble kits for
the Zig Zagged Necklace class I’m teaching at CHA and the segment I’m filming for Fiskars TV. I’ve been asked to teach this fall at two different places, so that means classes need to be designed and then there’s the cruise this fall for When Creativity Knocks. One of my manufacturers just backed out, so I have to redesign the classes on the fly. It’s always something, isn’t it?!

But before I blather on endlessly about my never ending straw pile...I shall leave you to your weekly linky love shower! Enjoy!

My friend the immensely talented Lilian Chen is hosting a week of jewelry making classes in Tuscany in 2010! What fun! Here’s
the 411.

Here’s what the Crafty Bloggers have going on this week:

Vickie Howell-Craft.Rock.Love Vickie's 10 Craft Tips for Busy Parents!

The Impatient Crafter Madge shares the 411 on how she made a gorgeous crystal, rubber and exposed wire collar inspired by African jewelry.

The Crochet Dude See a sneak peek video of Drew's new pattern line that launches August 1st!

The Artful Crafter If you’re a polymer clay beginner or just want a quick professional looking project, use molds!

Stefanie Girard's Sweater Surgery Dada Mosaic, or is it surreal? You be the judge.

Mixed Media Artist Do not fear...making altered books will not cause lightning to strike you!

Cross Stitch at About.com What do you do with odds and ends of embroidery floss? Read these ideas and share your own.

Crafty Princess Diaries Have you thought of starting your own craft weblog? Here is why crafting rocks when it comes to niche blogging.

Craftside-A behind-the-scenes peek at a crafty world This week at Craftside there is the latest episode of Look, Learn & Create featuring the fabulous cloth doll artist, Patti Medaris Culea, a fun vegan recipe for Frushi (fruit sushi), a how-to on making a tennis ball training tool, and an Illustrator tutorial to make a digital word ATC and as always a bunch of questions that if you answer you are entered to win a free book!

Cathie Filian When you need a crafty break - whip up this quick and easy snack of homemade hummus and baked bagel chips.

Aileen's Musings Aileen gives you a sneak peek at some felt banners she's making for a swap, and tells you how to make easy rolled felt flowers to use as embellishments.

About Family Crafts As a parent, one of the biggest crafting dilemmas you may face is what to do with all the wonderful masterpieces your child creates. How do you display each piece so it gets the attention it deserves?

No comments:

Post a Comment