Sunday, July 5, 2009





Looking Back On Yesterday

I wanted to take some time today, and post a few of my 4th of July pictures of the family having fun, the food I cooked and my little bargain that I found on Friday. So, sit down, drop your feet into the pool, take a load off, and here we go:


































This was my bargain find. I paid $40.00 for this little old loveseat rocking metal glider. I could see her potential and I knew I would just love it. For a short gal like me I could reach the ground with my little legs when I want to rock. She was covered in rust, and was just begging to come home to my garden.









~BEFORE~


























~AFTER~

Isn't she just beautiful? I loved, loved, loved the results. I knew she was going to be a beaut when I saw her just sitting there, waiting for someone to come along that could see her potential. She and I are going to have lots of conversations in my backyard.











~4th of July with the Smith's ~

A big Salute from Destiny and Isabel to all of our soldiers who have and are fighting to give us the freedom that we are celebrating today. God Bless the U.S.A. I turned a flower pot over, and put the flag down into the flower pot. On each flower pot I wrote the name of My Daddy, My FIL, My DH, My oldest son, and our SIL. Each of them have helped make this day possible for us.








Our welcome this year is from my lovely daughter Heidi and her DH. First to arrive always get the honor. Thanks Heidi.











Elyse, our oldest grand daughter popped in for her 4th of July pic. She even had on her 4th of July tutu. I just loved it. So cute.









Kain, our youngest grandson/child.
"What did you say this bucket was for Grammy?"







Destyne, our youngest grand daughter.
"No Grammy, I have no comment for your BLOG today!"










Nicholas.
All Nicholas could do today was bite his tongue.












And ofcourse, TJ.
He spent his day catching a few rays.









What good is a celebration without food? Here are a few pictures of what we had today. Ladies this bowl is full of 10 pounds of potatoes, 3 dozen eggs and lots of secret ingredients. Can you believe it? I had one small container left at the end of the day. Always a compliment to the cook.










Fried Chicken.
I filled this bowl several times before the meal was over.







Cole Slaw











Macaroni Salad









Out of this world BBQ Beans!!









Yummy, yummy German Chocolate Cake!!



A great time was had by all. Swimming, story telling and games.
It is always fun in the Smith house, anytime you have family and food, a good time is had. Thank you for sharing your day with me today. I am so thrilled that you stopped by to see what the Smith's have been up to. Please stop by again as I always love to share my little piece of heaven in the desert. "Country Love and Hugs", Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment